Rewards to Motivate?

Options
13»

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Right now it is when I lose 45 pounds. I am going to the spa for a mud bath it costs 45.00.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Throw $1 in a jar every time you work out. Once you get to 100 workouts you have a little stash to go buy new clothes ;)

I really like this idea! Since this is the part I really struggle with, making time for myself to exercise. Could be the swift kick in the *kitten* I need.

Thanks!!!

I think I need to do this. For me and/or my husband (a separate jar for each of us, I'm sure!)
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I too reward. I started off with $10.00 in a jar and every lb lost I add a dollar. Gain out comes money. I can't stand the idea of taking money out so I really want to get to this goal and the money jar. I had a friend that did this and she lost over 200 lbs, went shopping and new hairstyle so she could see the reward. I have about 45 lbs to go so looking forward to something, just don't know what..my husband says if I get there, he will throw another $500.00 in.. Woo hoo..
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I never reward myself with food.....I am not a dog. I go shopping

Okay, in defense of dogs, they aren't the only things in the world that get rewarded with food. Ever seen high-schoolers grasping for penny candy as it hurtles through the air?

Anyway, would your attitude hold true if you rewarded yourself with the best-tasting, low-cal options? I just get defensive about this because I do reward myself with calorie-dense consumables (BEER!) and don't consider myself a dog. Just a very hungry person.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Name yourself a queen or princess when you lose weight/inches and post the announcement in a public place, like at an all-women's gym.

BAHAHAHA!
  • ejosborne14
    ejosborne14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I i want a treat or something extra, i walk more, i walk to cover the calories and it has worked for me so far and it helps keep me motivated :)
  • mbennett024
    mbennett024 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale but I plan on rewarding myself with a pedi after I've got two weeks of sticking to my exercise program and no binges. After I finish my workout program I'm going on a shopping trip! :) I don't reward with food, seems counter-productive.