180's to 130's - 5'1"

Options
ewoolfz84
ewoolfz84 Posts: 14 Member
To say Im excited to be posting this on MFP is an understatement - as I started this journey on MFP, finished on my own, & have come back to it for encouragement, mutual motivation & continued maintenance! :)

Ive lost 45 ish LBS within 6 months. There have been some stumbles, but its generally come off consistently - with my consistent effort!

Im 5'1 & 29. My weight has fluctuated more or less my entire life. Weightloss was always on my mind...health magazines, diets I'd attempt with all my heart only to fall off the wagon very quickly, things I YEARNED to be able to do, but when it came down to it at the end of the day, all the desire in the world didn't matter, because I lacked DEDICATION. Im an extremely stubborn, persistent go-getter, yet my weight was something I couldnt seem to control. Sweets werent my main issue, or the normal cliche reasons someone is overweight - I binged, ate sporadically, & had no system or consistency. I can only dream of what I did to my metabolism.

I always admired athletes - my desire to lose weight wasn't necessarily for esthetic reasons - I really felt like my body was supposed to function like a machine - a beautiful vessel that could accomplish anything - however I lacked the tools to put my vision to use.

Fast forward to 2013, I joined MFP & lurked in the shadows for a few months, inspired by success stories & the community presence on this site. I wish I could say that the reason for my success is something I can pinpoint. In my case, I can only say I feel like I was simply totally ready. I was sick of being unhappy, feeling unhealthy & out of control. It was like a lightswitch went off & once I committed, it happened.

I hiked one hour a day, 5 days a week, for 8 weeks straight. Intermittently, I began doing "stairs"...there is a mountainous area near my house that has 500 metal stairs going up at a steep rate. When I began, climbing them ONCE took about 15 minutes, was taxing, & my legs felt like lead. I can now do them briskly, & aim to do 10 sets a day.

I aim for 1200 "clean" calories a day. I eat lots of fruits & veggies, intake a good amount of protein & fiber, eat fish but NO red or white meat. Working on kicking my diet soda penchant!

Starting weight: 181
High weight: 190
Current weight: 135
Goal weight: 125

Some mentionable measurements:

Starting Hip Measurement: 49"
Current Hip Measurement: 38"
Starting Waist Measurement: 40"
Current Waist Measurement: 29"
Starting Thigh Measurement: 27"
Current Thigh Measurement: 19"

I have a bit more weight to lose but most of all I want to tone up & continue to build my strength.

And, drumroll...PICTURES! I think the difference is noticeable...at least I hope so!

THEN:

weee_zps3eb1d0dd.jpg
IMG_5296_zps94858b0f.jpg

NOW:
IMG_20131214_140715_zpsb1c85d3b.jpg
IMG_20131215_112729_zps29988ea4.jpg
Snapshot_20131105_75_zps5f91a899.jpg

Replies

• HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • squeakybuttcheeks
    squeakybuttcheeks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Great work!

61979966.png
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! You look amazing and your story is very inspiring!
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That is great :smile:
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Well done!!! Great work!
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • dont_tap_my_aces
    dont_tap_my_aces Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    nice job! you still looked pretty great in the before pic too but a ton of improvement!
  • ministephe
    ministephe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look stunning in both before and after pictures! Yours is a truly inspiring story :) (I am 5' and 145 lbs, but I don't carry it well at all)
    kuddos!
  • ewoolfz84
    Options
    I should also add I logged my calories RELIGIOUSLY for the first 6 weeks - which was a major help & set me on the right track.
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! u look fabulous:))
  • Akasya13
    Akasya13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job, beautiful,
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • ewoolfz84
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous!
    Great work!!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    So beautiful I hope to get close to 130 myself :)
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and should be very proud! You have done a fantastic job! :drinker:
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you look healthy. It's especially noticeable in your face and skin. How do you plan to build up your strength?
  • daisuke701
    daisuke701 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great Job!

12046015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This is EXACTLY what I needed to see this morning! Thank you for being an inspiration! I am the same height as you, currently 10 lbs heavier than your start with a goal of your current weight.

I've lost the first 10 slowly since January 1st. Not my best record but I keep trying to tell myself slow and steady wins the race. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!