Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I like gifs.
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    NO! YOU ARE WRONG AND SILLY FOR THINKING THIS. PEOPLE HERE ARE NOT MEAN. IF YOU THINK THAT, YOU ARE INFERIOR TO US ALL!

**Just kidding.**

Just ignore the haters. As long as you can tell the difference between constructive criticism and ignorant hateful comments, you'll do okay. Whether you are trying to lose 1 pound or 200 pounds. Whether you are trying to be able to get out of a chair without wheezing or you are training for the Ironman Triathlon, there is a place here for you, and support for you. Stick with it and enjoy the awesome rewards of this site.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i really love when people post a PSA like this, they think they're going to reach everyone and change things.

sorry, but you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    People are just so down about themselves that they have to be hurtful to people, I guess. And it doesn't help that childish people think it's funny to read arguments on forums and post ridiculous "gifs" which egg on the bullies because people approve of their rudeness, which is what they were aiming for, to be "cool". Obviously none of these people have fulfilling lives or they would be nice instead of rude and ugly. It's not so fun to be on the other side, getting made fun of even if it is "only the internet". Just sayin...

Don't you think that this comment is rude? Because your sense of humor doesn't mesh with someone else's they obviously don't have fulfilling lives? I love gifs. They make me laugh and they break up the tension. I think it's rude that you'd tell me my life is obviously unfulfilling.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Here for gifs.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Here for gifs.

me too!:drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    popcorn eating gif's are sooooooooo 2013

tumblr_murfl7M2pF1slugc4o1_r1_400.gif
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I personally try not to be rude or hurtful, but sometimes the things that are posted are just so ridiculous, that it's hard not to say "get a life!"
    Posts like, I want a thigh gap.
    I want to weigh 90 lbs and I'm 6 ft tall
    I'm cleansing, popping diet pills, eating 500 calories per day, but still can't lose weight.

And so on......it gets frustrating when your trying to help someone and explain the reasons their methods are dangerous, but they just don't want to listen...
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is a public forum not your facebook page so your opening yourself up to all kinds of comments good and bad from all kinds of people good and bad.
  • MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    oops
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    SKIvA6s.gif

is THIS sriracha?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    There are those who feel being nice is "enabling" and being mean "is being supportive."

Sometimes that's true, depends on context.
  • tanfit4life
    tanfit4life Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I personally try not to be rude or hurtful, but sometimes the things that are posted are just so ridiculous, that it's hard not to say "get a life!"
    Posts like, I want a thigh gap.
    I want to weigh 90 lbs and I'm 6 ft tall
    I'm cleansing, popping diet pills, eating 500 calories per day, but still can't lose weight.

And so on......it gets frustrating when your trying to help someone and explain the reasons their methods are dangerous, but they just don't want to listen...
    I agree for sure-I wouldn't put myself out here-but I take what I need and leave the rest-I try not to be hurtful-because we all have feelings
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If people didn't write stupid comments we wouldn't feel inclined to write stupid answers. Especially the ones who get all up when they don't hear what they want to hear..
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I just had a salad for lunch.
    tumblr_static_zacy_and_salad.gif
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    meaninternet01.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I just kind of want to get this off my chest, and put it out there for new folks. MFP is basically a really great place to get support. There are a few people, however, that feel like it is necessary to be insulting. For the most part it just rolls off my back, but I have supporting people in my life. I feel bad for the folks who this is there only place to get support and they get ugly hateful comments. So for you new people … if someone is ugly don't engage them … if you make friends with someone who puts you down ditch them. There are those who feel being nice is "enabling" WHEN YOU ARE ENCOURAGING A PERSON TO CONTINUE IN HURTFUL BEHAVIOR BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID TO TELL THE TRUTH and being mean "is being supportive" WHEN THE PERSON WILL NOT LISTEN TO KIND WORDS AND THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO SAY IT EXCEPT BLUNTLY BECAUSE THEY HAVE DRANK THAT MUCH OF THE KOOL-AID

FIFY
  • MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hmmm think I used the "quote" wrong - oh well!

This was what I meant to quote:

"Just ignore the haters. As long as you can tell the difference between constructive criticism and ignorant hateful comments, you'll do okay. Whether you are trying to lose 1 pound or 200 pounds. Whether you are trying to be able to get out of a chair without wheezing or you are training for the Ironman Triathlon, there is a place here for you, and support for you. Stick with it and enjoy the awesome rewards of this site."

Thanks for saying this - I'm old and arthritic and I survived multiple bilateral pulmonary embolisms last summer. It's been a really hard thing to try to lose weight and get fit when to start with I could only shuffle up and down the apartment building hallway in my robe and slippers. I don't know what I would have done without the support I've gotten here and without the encouragement of the success stories.

I'm very grateful. I haven't gotten any nasty comments back, unless you count the people who recommended I do planks when I asked for exercise advice for someone who couldn't get down on the floor. I guess some people don't read as well as others!

So keep going, and be positive, and don't listen to the nay-sayers. There are so many success stories being shared, such terrific positive motivation, so many good things - focus on those!

And thank you all again!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    There is also an "ignore" button
    <<<< Over there.
    Feel free to ignore anyone you don't like, problem solved.
This discussion has been closed.