Mean comments

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    hi guize.
    i have experienced the same thing here. i asked a question (without searching) about a cleanse while i'm on a sub-1,000cal/day diet while logging light dusting as a 600cal burn. the cleanse didnt seem to be having any positive results and i was tired all the time, but i read on a site that was authored by my sisters friends brothers ex-roommate that cleanses are good for the toxinz. also, i couldnt figure out why i had no energy...im eating PLENTY! some days i cant even get to the ,1000 calories.

anywho...i came to the forums and asked my questions.
    next thing you know i had people telling me that cleanses are a waste of money, and that my body cleans itself of toxinz wiff my organs. some nerve!
    THEN people had the AUDACITY to tell me that 1,000calories a day was not enough food!
    some jerk suggested i calculate my TDEE (or some crap i know nothing about) so i could sustain healthy weightloss via caloric deficit. he even offered to help me run my numbers but i bet he was a creep and just wanted to see me naked.

ONE person in my thread said they had started the same cleanse i was looking at the day prior, and that they felt GREAT! i expected so much more support on a web site that is meant to SUPPORT.

today i was going to ask about doing a water fast and eliminating all carbs, but i figured forget it...people are just jerks here anyway.

so i went to waterfast.com and they are VERY supportive of water fasts.

this site is full of bullies.

Awwwww.

Here is a kitty poptart rainbow for you.
    200_s.gif
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Exactly.
    hi guize.
    i have experienced the same thing here. i asked a question (without searching) about a cleanse while i'm on a sub-1,000cal/day diet while logging light dusting as a 600cal burn. the cleanse didnt seem to be having any positive results and i was tired all the time, but i read on a site that was authored by my sisters friends brothers ex-roommate that cleanses are good for the toxinz. also, i couldnt figure out why i had no energy...im eating PLENTY! some days i cant even get to the ,1000 calories.

next thing you know i had people telling me that cleanses are a waste of money, and that my body cleans itself of toxinz wiff my organs. some nerve!
    THEN people had the AUDACITY to tell me that 1,000calories a day was not enough food!
    some jerk suggested i calculate my TDEE (or some crap i know nothing about) so i could sustain healthy weightloss via caloric deficit. he even offered to help me run my numbers but i bet he was a creep and just wanted to see me naked.

ONE person in my thread said they had started the same cleanse i was looking at the day prior, and that they felt GREAT! i expected so much more support on a web site that is meant to SUPPORT.

today i was going to ask about doing a water fast and eliminating all carbs, but i figured forget it...people are just jerks here anyway.

• marisablakley
    marisablakley Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree that people on here are mean! You basically can't win unless you already know what sets people off and agree with everything they think. So new people = screwed.
  • sc9576
    sc9576 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been so lucky on here that I have not encountered any nastiness - although I was discussing the fact that I had depression and I felt it may be affecting my weight loss as I cant get the motivation to exercise everyone was so supportive and helpful but someone did make unhelpful comments that you shouldn't take medication and people are too reliant on pharmaceuticals it can all be sorted through food!! That was not helpful and I don't think anyone should be encouraged to stop taking prescribed medication unless its from their doctor
    The brilliant thing is I found someone on here who is so supportive and nice and sometimes reading her updates boost me when I am having a bad day
    :flowerforyou:
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I agree that people on here are mean! You basically can't win unless you already know what sets people off and agree with everything they think. So new people = screwed.

Meh, I've not had any issues since I started using the forums. On the off chance someone says something that makes me upset to read, I roll on and just don't respond to them. Simple enough.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

if someone has a question to ask, whether new or not, the first thing they should probably do is search the forums. its a great little feature that can help eliminate some of those feelings of being "bullied" by "meanies".

if some dope wants to try a cleanse, for example, they should search the forums for similar topics first. IF they did that, they would see that cleanses are a waste of money and that threads about them usually go poorly.
    if they dont bother to put any effort into finding info, then theyre on their own.
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    hi guize.

Sorry:( I posted about hubby not really being supportive..and I started getting posts about how maybe Im spending too much of his money...and maybe I just shouldn't workout at all..craziness!!!
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    hi guize.

That was hilarious. I'll do the waterfast with you and you've got my support :love:
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I just kind of want to get this off my chest, and put it out there for new folks. MFP is basically a really great place to get support. There are a few people, however, that feel like it is necessary to be insulting. For the most part it just rolls off my back, but I have supporting people in my life. I feel bad for the folks who this is there only place to get support and they get ugly hateful comments. So for you new people … if someone is ugly don't engage them … if you make friends with someone who puts you down ditch them. There are those who feel being nice is "enabling" and being mean "is being supportive."

Yes, I wouldn't accept or seek out a friend whose idea of helping was shaming...either IRL or here.

I'm going to bet that the majority of us are here because weight management is a challenge. So, we all have been there and been challenged by that.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I think that she's simply making a point
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hi guize.

Awwwww.

Here is a kitty poptart rainbow for you.
    200_s.gif

The 'hi guize' post already had me cracking up, the kitty poptart rainbow made me LOL... thanks for that! :laugh:
  • marisablakley
    marisablakley Posts: 45 Member
    Options

if someone has a question to ask, whether new or not, the first thing they should probably do is search the forums. its a great little feature that can help eliminate some of those feelings of being "bullied" by "meanies".

if some dope wants to try a cleanse, for example, they should search the forums for similar topics first. IF they did that, they would see that cleanses are a waste of money and that threads about them usually go poorly.
    if they dont bother to put any effort into finding info, then theyre on their own.

In my opinion, if someone is new they aren't going to think to research, theyre going to dive right in and ask a question. And I think they should be able to. What does it matter if someone asks a question that's been asked before, or asks about a cleanse???? We have the capacity to either answer the question kindly or move along. In my real life I choose to treat people with kindness whether I think they are an idiot or brilliant. And not everyone has thick skin. That's ok too. Telling people to get over it doesn't help, I'm sensitive and I always will be. The world needs sensitive people, they serve a purpose. People keep posting about mean people and it matters to them, they might need to vent, and if you're tired of hearing about it, dont open the thread.
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    People are just so down about themselves that they have to be hurtful to people, I guess. And it doesn't help that childish people think it's funny to read arguments on forums and post ridiculous "gifs" which egg on the bullies because people approve of their rudeness, which is what they were aiming for, to be "cool". Obviously none of these people have fulfilling lives or they would be nice instead of rude and ugly. It's not so fun to be on the other side, getting made fun of even if it is "only the internet". Just sayin...

EXACTLY...
  • Cresencia7
    Options

In my opinion, if someone is new they aren't going to think to research, theyre going to dive right in and ask a question. And I think they should be able to. What does it matter if someone asks a question that's been asked before, or asks about a cleanse???? We have the capacity to either answer the question kindly or move along. In my real life I choose to treat people with kindness whether I think they are an idiot or brilliant. And not everyone has thick skin. That's ok too. Telling people to get over it doesn't help, I'm sensitive and I always will be. The world needs sensitive people, they serve a purpose. People keep posting about mean people and it matters to them, they might need to vent, and if you're tired of hearing about it, dont open the thread.

Kudos
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    hi guize.

:yawn: sarcasm
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    hi guize.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I also have had people be rude with comments here, but you know what, it's life. I think rudeness is a sign of poor social skills. We are all here to learn, but some people make comments I don't think they realize how it comes across. Just go on and don't engage. Life is life and move on.

QFT ! the internet has .000000% manners and prides itself on uncouth behavior , and oftentimes the security of glass and keyboard allows meaness to flow like vile filling material in a poop pie ...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

Kudos

well we know why youre offering kudos.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1238611-jillian-michaels-cleanse

ETA: if you havent seen it yet, you will...OP asks a question thats been asked NUMEROUS times before, doesnt get the answer they want or the pat on back they expected, and THEY get defensive. if all you want to do is be supported for less than stellar ideas then post em on facebook. and if youre so sensitive that random internet strangers hurt your feelers with funny gifs, then do a search.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    People are just so down about themselves that they have to be hurtful to people, I guess. And it doesn't help that childish people think it's funny to read arguments on forums and post ridiculous "gifs" which egg on the bullies because people approve of their rudeness, which is what they were aiming for, to be "cool". Obviously none of these people have fulfilling lives or they would be nice instead of rude and ugly. It's not so fun to be on the other side, getting made fun of even if it is "only the internet". Just sayin...

EXACTLY...

And again, do you not think that this comment is rude, ugly, and hurtful?
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump
This discussion has been closed.