Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    love the light n fit greek vanilla. Tastes like cheese cake to me. Put some fresh blueberries or strawberries in it and dreamy good.
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I eat the vanilla with a 90 calorie granola bar crumbled in it like everyday. I put it in the freezer before I am going to eat it. Its like going to the frozen yogurt shop with granola topping... mmm so good!!!
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this yogurt and like the raspberry one. I also am not a big yogurt lover and especially greek but this one I can eat. My next challenge is trying to eat cottage cheese! I look at the 0 fat and 14 g of protein and think "YOU CAN DO IT" but then 1 bite and I'm gagging! Tonight I actually tried putting it in my blender with almond milk and protein powder. I got it down but I don't know if it's the cottage cheese or my imagination but I'm filling pretty yuck! How do people eat that stuff!? LOL
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Someone on my friends list just posted a recipe this morning for a dip using greek yogurt. Just mix Hidden Valley dip mix with plain greek yogurt. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy! I'm thinking I'll try it with a ranch dip mix.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    It's okay I like chobani plain better it has more protein and I just add stevia to taste.

The weird taste is the artificial sweetener btw.
  • jakeya16
    jakeya16 Posts: 40
    Options
    Try flavoring your own Greek yogurt. Buy plain and sweeten it with honey and fruit or use spices to make it savory.
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love it. The raspberry chocolate is a fantastic sweet treat and I've not yet met any flavor that I truly disliked.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I haven't read anyone elses comments yet because I was so excited to weight in.

I love the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt. I have had most all the flavors already. They are delicious. I mostly get the vanilla now, because I can use it for my overnight oats too.
  • gloriaccrnrn
    Options
    kraft lite ranch dressing with parmesan cheese sprinkled over carrots is good
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, everyone! I went out after work and got five - one for each day this week. I bought a banana creme flavor that I ate last night - so good! It was tangy, but not at all bitter like the other Greek yogurt I've tried. And so creamy! I didn't taste any artificial flavor and didn't experience any chalkiness.

I'm having Coconut Vanilla today and Friday, Key Lime tomorrow, and Peach on Thursday. I'm so excited that I've found a Greek yogurt that I actually like. 12 g of protein is hard to beat - and my afternoon snack this week also includes a boiled egg and light string cheese, so that's 24 g of protein total. :)
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Glad you like it!

Another pro tip--I use it instead of mayo on burgers and in my tuna salad. Tastes great and awesome macos!
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Someone on my friends list just posted a recipe this morning for a dip using greek yogurt. Just mix Hidden Valley dip mix with plain greek yogurt. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy! I'm thinking I'll try it with a ranch dip mix.

^^^ this is actually really good!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    Options

^^^ this is actually really good!

Well, you can mix that Ranch mix with sour cream to get Ranch dip, and plenty of people use Greek yogurt in the place of sour cream (which is what it tastes like - I don't know how people eat the stuff by itself), so I'd imagine that it would be a very good dip - and a much lower fat and higher protein count than sour cream. :)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    If I don't make my own yogurt, then I only eat Fage, Greek Gods and Noosa.

I can't stand Yoplait, Dannon or any of those typical grocery store yogurts. They are just a sugar and modified food starch mess. Not real yogurt.

They have even tested those typical grocery store yogurt brands and they don't even contain the live cultures.

But I no longer eat just to be eating something. I prefer real food with health benefits.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    Options
    If I don't make my own yogurt, then I only eat Fage, Greek Gods and Noosa.

I can't stand Yoplait, Dannon or any of those typical grocery store yogurts. They are just a sugar and modified food starch mess. Not real yogurt.

They have even tested those typical grocery store yogurt brands and they don't even contain the live cultures.

But I no longer eat just to be eating something. I prefer real food with health benefits.

I don't consider 6-7 g of sugar all that much. Then again, I don't track sugar because I track carbs, and there's no point in tracking both. If it fits into my carb macro, it's fair game. Plus, 80 calories, low sodium, and 12 g of protein is nothing to sneeze at.

No need to get all food snob on us. :)
  • shellbatronic
    Options

It's just that it's not "really" Greek yogurt, you know? It's not got the same protein count, it's not got the same live cultures, it's a science experiment cannily marketed to people who want to hop on the healthy train but don't want to sacrifice the taste of the fakey fakey store yogurts. It's marketing, a continuation of Snackwells Syndrome, and if it gets you through the day then go for it but thinking it's "real" Greek yogurt is just misinformation.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Dannon is def mine. It's sweeter and I get the strawberry or blueberry kind... dont like plain vanilla :)
  • samgohr
    samgohr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually tried the strawberry kind and it was sweet and delicious and smooth. No aftertaste, no problem. I've tried the Chobani Strawberry and Strawberry Banana and they are my favorites. Can't go wrong there!
  • samgohr
    samgohr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The FDA has to check everything on the label. There isn't anything they can lie about on a food label, so saying they are just full of misinformation is well...misinformation on your part. Chobani was the #1 pick of Olympic athletes, so if that's not saying something, idk what will. I'm sure you own yogurt is healthy as well, maybe healthier, but no need to bag on everyone's favorite brands.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    Options

It's just that it's not "really" Greek yogurt, you know? It's not got the same protein count, it's not got the same live cultures, it's a science experiment cannily marketed to people who want to hop on the healthy train but don't want to sacrifice the taste of the fakey fakey store yogurts. It's marketing, a continuation of Snackwells Syndrome, and if it gets you through the day then go for it but thinking it's "real" Greek yogurt is just misinformation.

Real Greek yogurt or not - it's got a good protein count, decently low sugar content, low-calorie, and satisfying, I see no problem. I don't feel good about myself because, "I ate Greek yogurt" - I feel good about myself because I stayed within my macros and wasn't hungry and miserable all day. All this snotty "I only eat foods that have health benefits, even if it tastes like dirt" is really unnecessary if you ask me. I say find what works for you and don't try to convince the world that your way is the only right way.

And I don't mean "you" specifically, but "you" in general.