Brazillain/Bikini Waxing- Is it worth it?

Options
melissaka7
melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
So I didn't know where to post this topic....for as long as I can remember I have always bought relatively cute swim suits, but always worn shorts over the bottoms. Now that I've lost 60lbs, I'm getting ready to buy a new bikini and for once I DON'T want to cover up. My friend and I are planning on getting brazillian waxes, but I'm curious. How bad does it hurt? How long does it last? Is it worth it?

Replies

• runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    In for the pics.

If you don't have anything intelligent to offer atleast don't show your IQ level. It surprises people like me that 37 year olds can still act like middle schoolers.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Venus bikini trimmer to keep things super short, Venus embrace razor to shape, baby oil to keep things smooth and prevent ingrown hairs/razor burn..

Your recipe for DIY.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Hurts a LOT when you have a pen!s...
  • fitbrit19
    fitbrit19 Posts: 55
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this! I am curious as well! I've always wanted to get it done.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    How bad does it hurt? Hard to answer, that depends on your pain threshold... I can tell you it gets less painful each time, but if you wait months in between to do it again, it will hurt like the first time all over again, lol.
    How long does it last? Again, hard to say, but I'm guessing 4-6 weeks.
    Is it worth it? TOTALLY... of course, that's just my opinion, but I had been doing them for years until I went laser. :smile:
    Hope this helps!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it. And really only hurts the first time, IMO.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It hurts, but not so bad you can't endure it. . .and it's totally worth it.

It lasts 4 weeks on average.
  • IDP89
    IDP89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Its worth it! Definitely not the most pleasant experience in the world but if you have issues with razor burn and ingrown hair, waxing is the way to go! Even when it grows back your hair is so sparse and fine...personally I will never go back to shaving :)
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Its worth it! Definitely not the most pleasant experience in the world but if you have issues with razor burn and ingrown hair, waxing is the way to go! Even when it grows back your hair is so sparse and fine...personally I will never go back to shaving :)

EXACTLY! :smile:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    First time hurts like a motha. After that, it's a piece of pie...I mean, cake.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    In for the pics.

If you don't have anything intelligent to offer atleast don't show your IQ level. It surprises people like me that 37 year olds can still act like middle schoolers.

1.jpeg
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it. And really only hurts the first time, IMO.

Show of hands. How many women have heard THIS before?
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help so far. I don't particularly enjoy shaving (I don't know who would). And I do have problems with razor burn. I can handle the pain I think, but didn't know if I wanted to if it doesn't last long. But 4 weeks seems worth it.
  • soco0745
    soco0745 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    get laser! I have done the Brazilian before But treated myself to laser instead when i found a good deal and it is the best thing ever! It does take time, you need to go every 6 weeks for about 6 treatments but well worth it. If you need a quick option the brazillian isn't too terrible, I think i was expecting the worst so it wasn't too bad
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is such a TMI thing for posting on the internet...but just do it. Hurts but only for a bit. I get a brazilian every 5 weeks all year round.
  • zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    From a guy's perspective. My wife gets waxed and it is awesome! According to her... the first few times it hurt, but then the hairs become more fine and it hurts less and less - lasts about 6-8 weeks.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    ALL hooch waxing hurts....A LOT. Just take two advils a half hour before, bite your lip and get-er-done. It's worth it. As for brazilian, I don't get it. It's just a higher bikini wax. Unless you want nothing on your hoo hah, the regular bikini wax is fine.

One thing...you may want to invest in a skin protector to avoid ingrown hairs. TRUST ME, this is an issue with waxing, if you do it often.

Ask the wax girl about the skin protector/cleanser.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    In for the pics.

Its too early to gauge his intelligence. We need to see if this straight forward approach actually works.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    In for the pics.

You're not new around here, and this response surprises you? Really?
  • Mnecka
    Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It's like the same pain as getting your eyebrows waxed on steroids!! I had to take pain pills afterwards. But it was TOTALLY worth it!!! Almost two months of clean smoothness, so I was delighted.