Brazillain/Bikini Waxing- Is it worth it?

Options

Replies

• TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is totally worth it and when I first started geting them I would take ibuprofen a little bit before my appointment to help but I don't know if it really helped or if it was the placebo effect.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Hurts a LOT when you have a pen!s...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I get my back waxed on a regular basis and yeah it hurts, a little, but not so much it puts me off. So if I dont find it a problem for my entire back i'd imagine the "pain" for the area your discussing will be bearable.
  • mspeppers
    mspeppers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Go for laser instead! Much more economical in the long wrong. You can also get a basic bikini wax (anything not covered by panties) if you jsut want to be cleaned up. You don't need to go all or nothing, just speak with your esthetician first.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    In for the pics.

If you don't have anything intelligent to offer atleast don't show your IQ level. It surprises people like me that 37 year olds can still act like middle schoolers.

I don't understand why his IQ would be in question based on the fact he enjoys possible pictures... I mean I have an IQ of 140 and I'm so IN FOR PICS!!!!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it. It hurts less and less over time if you keep it up. A good esthetician should have you in, out and on your way in under 15 minutes.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Sorry to whoever thought this was TMI for the internet, but you didn't have to read my post. I wanted honest answers to make a educated decision on something.

And again, THANK YOU to all you ladies (and gentleman).
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I recently got a bikini wax, but not the Brazilian. It was less invasive for my first time professionally getting waxed. I thought the little bit of pain was totally worth it!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I only get my eyebrows and upper lip waxed. The upper lip hurts enough (especially this last time as the girl was not gentle at all), I don't think I could do the other!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    In for the pics.

If you don't have anything intelligent to offer atleast don't show your IQ level. It surprises people like me that 37 year olds can still act like middle schoolers.

Yeah, I'm surprised too. So, pics?

:laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    In for the pics.

Its too early to gauge his intelligence. We need to see if this straight forward approach actually works.

The potato Nazis and the moral police are out in force this morning, I see. Should be an interesting day.

Agreed. Moral police and debbie downers out in full force.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It hurts but worth it :)
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    How bad does it hurt? Hard to answer, that depends on your pain threshold... I can tell you it gets less painful each time, but if you wait months in between to do it again, it will hurt like the first time all over again, lol.
    How long does it last? Again, hard to say, but I'm guessing 4-6 weeks.
    Is it worth it? TOTALLY... of course, that's just my opinion, but I had been doing them for years until I went laser. :smile:
    Hope this helps!

This... If you've never had that area waxed, I'd start with cleaning up the edges of the hedges, to see how your pain threshold is.

Even more important than that though, is to make sure that you go to a reputable place to get it done the first time, regardless of how much landscaping they do.

Yes, it's probably going to be pricey, but if you've NEVER had it done and you don't already wax that area that intently at home, you're just asking for trouble.

Trouble means heating the wax too much and burning yourself THERE.
    Trouble means not getting all of the wax off THERE. (It's a sticky wax that never seems to dry, so...)
    Trouble means possibly pulling the wrong way and landing in the ER with a skin tear that needs stitches (a girlfriend's tragedy, not mine).

Professionals should know what they're doing and, well, not to sound gross, they have a better view, a better angle, they can fix any problems, and if it's your first time, that's definitely the way to go.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    All I can say is winker. :laugh:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Yes it hurts (although not as much as you'd think), yes it's worth it.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Depends on your pain threshold and when you get it done (where you are in your cycle). Take two ibuprofen about 30 minutes prior and I like the esthetician's that do it fast. The pain only last for a few seconds after each pull so faster doesn't give you much recovery time between pulls but it is over in 20 minutes. The first time hurt terribly. The rest get better but not "painless" as some have said. Not for me anyway! I get it done every 4-6 weeks (have been for a year+) and there are times where it is still a little painful.

All that being said, it is definitely, definitely, definitely worth it. Lasts 3-4 weeks.
  • Mnecka
    Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it. And really only hurts the first time, IMO.

Show of hands. How many women have heard THIS before?

Lies I tell you!! It hurts EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Depends on your waxer, definitely worth it. Mine has lasted as long as a month.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Def worth it!

Just don't attempt it yourself..