Runners?

Options

Replies

• sillyshamrock11
    sillyshamrock11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Today is actually my one year anniversary of becoming a regular runner. No April Fools joke here! I ran my fastest 5K a couple weeks ago...just under 30 mins. I will be running my first 10K on Memorial Day. Flying to Colorado to do so! Running is a healthy addiction that I'm so happy I got into. Feel free to add me. :smile:

10502468.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hi Ben!

Fellow Canadian and Runner here.

I don't have official 5K or 10K times, but according to my garmin my unofficial PRs for those distances are:

5K: 28:09
    10K: 58:06

I ran my first half-marathon in October 2013, with a finishing time of 2:17 (My goal was 2:30). I'm doing another half on May 4th and I'd really like to shave my time down to 2:05 or 2:10.

I'm also training for my first full marathon in June, and recently completed my first every 20 mile training run. I have 2 more of those planned before doing the marathon. My goal there is just to finish - but the course closes at 6 hours, so, obviously I have a bit of a time restriction.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner.

Started with the C25K last September, and then was sidelined with an injury but been back at it now for about a month or so.

Ran my first 5K race on Saturday. My PB over the 5K distance is 32:36. I have 2 10Ks booked for over the summer and my first Half planned for October.

I'm out on the road 4 times a week!
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Fellow runner here, all are free to add me. I've been running off and on for years but have been running consistently since May 2013. My next half marathon is just 12 days away!
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Ben! Sent you a FR. I'm kind of a newbie to running, but I'm really getting hooked. I hope to improve and learn through my MFP buddies. I log daily and tend to post dry and colorful commentary, so anyone feel free to add me.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I'm an off again /on again runner and having been running for over 15 years. Have ran countless 5ks and 10ks, 10 milers and 1/2 marathons in the past but my favorite races are the 10 milers, not too long and not to short. I'll be running the Cherry Blossom 10-miler on Saturday, then a 10K plus the NYC 5 Burroughs Bike Tour in May, and then train for the Philly half marathon in November. As you can see, have my activities planned for the year.
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi Ben, and other runners!

I've been running about 3 years, I completed a Tough Mudder and my first half in 2012, and did the same half last year, with a time of 2:01:33 (unexpectedly knocking 3.5 mins off my target), now I'm keen to get under the 2hr mark!
    I'll be signing up for my first full shortly (hoping to get into the Disney World marathon in January) so when my training gets going properly I could use all the support I can get! Particularly interested what other runners do for training and nutrition.

Anyone please feel free to add me!
  • emmaroid1981
    emmaroid1981 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I enjoy the running too. Tonight is my first hours long run in 12 months after an injury, any runners feel free to add me.
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am the worlds slowest runner. But I'm still running faster then those sitting on the sofa!
    :-)
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ben,

Been running now for about a year:

PB for 5k is 26.40
    and completed my first 10k this weekend coming in at 1hr 1min and 56 secs

I have another booked in for May :drinker:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I am also another runner!

Been running on and off for three years now. This winter was the worst since it was so cold, I took some time off. I am back at it now and super excited that spring is FINALLY here!

My PB for 5km is 25:37
    For 10km it's 57:08

My goal this year is to do more 10k's, and slowly get closer to the 16-20km mark. Possibly hoping for maybe a half by the fall, or early spring next year! :smile:

Anyone can add me! :flowerforyou:

ETA: spelling.
  • ryker789
    ryker789 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie! I love running (more like jogging) and have been doing it 4 days a week. I did my first 10K this past weekend and felt pretty good. I'm training for my first half this November. I'm hoping to add another 10K and 15K in the mix before then! Feel free to add me. I can run for a good length of time but looking to increase my speed.
  • RunninginHighHeels
    RunninginHighHeels Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been running on and off for a few years but most recently had time off with an injury. Now I am getting back into it and training for a HM in September and a 10km in June. My best HM time is 2:30:36 (Damn those last 36 seconds!!!!).

I am also trying to get rid of the extra weight that I put on while I wasn't running regularly :grumble:

Please feel free to add me as a friend....
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner anyone feel free to add me
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    1545893_10151982919667599_771750955_n.jpg

Kind regards - Us cyclists :wink: :laugh:
    Haha!

OP, running is fun. I'm currently training for a 10K using a training program on the Runkeeper app. I like that app, because it links up automatically to my MFP account, and it makes my phone beep at me on training days so i don't forget.
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I am a runner (albeit slow). I have many half marathons scheduled and I have completed 2 so far. Right now I am side-lined due to hip abductor tendinitis but I will be back at it ASAP (and hopefully before the scheduled half marathons as I hate to lose money).

Anyone add me, I am on your side! : ) and I will be a little envious until I can run again
  • CaroleLynn65
    Options
    I'm a 234# - 48 year old runner-in-training!!! Been on this journey since 3/1/13.

Did my 1st 5k - July13 - 60mins
    2nd 5k - Oct13 - 45 mins

Scheduled 5k - Jun14 - hopefully under 45 minutes.

Started last week running a mile on my treadmill everyday (20 mins - of which 16 is actually "running" for me 3-3.6mph) besides walking to work every day & 4 1hr workouts.

One day I hope to run the Mini-Marathon (half) in Indianapolis in May??.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Hi Ben and all,

New runner here. I always had knee pain because I started to fast. This time I didn't start running, I was walking around town blowing up enemy portals in a game called Ingress. It is similar to a virtual phone based game of capture the flag played on android phones (ingress.com). Anyway to get more points I started running between the portals each morning. Before I realized it I was running a lot, so much so that the game was interfering with my runs. Now I just run each morning and am looking for a 10K or Half as my first race. I now run about 125 miles a month. Feel free to add me.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    What up, Ive been distance running for 6 years now. Also climb and run up mountains. Ive done marathons, halfs, 10k, 5k, mile you name it. All time 5k PR is 17:49 (2yrs old) . Best marathon is 3:10 and it was in the mtns with 3,000ft elevation gain got me 2nd overall (out of 910).
    Currently training for a half this Nov. Shooting for sub 1:24:59
    I'll send you a FR.

That also goes for anyone else. Send me a FR if your searching for a little motivation.
  • sharra65
    sharra65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ben,

I'm from Mtl too (south shore). I started to run again last week and can't wait for that snow to melt. I'm kind of a slow runner with 5K at around 35min but I'm working on improving my time and run longer distances.

You can send me a FR.

Cheers!