Increased appetite

Options
kagd28
kagd28 Posts: 6 Member
In the last couple of weeks, I've suddenly become more hungry, virtually all of the time. While I'm only eating 1200 calories a day which I know is on the smaller side, I'd been perfectly satisfied before. I haven't changed how much exercise I've been doing (burning about 300 calories a day), what I eat (mostly clean eating), or when I eat. (TMI but it's not that time of month either and I know I'm not pregnant). I've been losing about 2 pounds a week pretty steadily. Does anyone have any theories at what could cause me to suddenly become so much more hungry? Could my metabolism suddenly be kicking in stronger than before? I'll try increasing my calorie intake either way, but I'm just curious about the sudden change.

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? If not I see why your poor body is screaming for more food! Lol

Up your calories. You will still lose and be much happier and satisfied. :happy:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you're practically at maintenance. Your goal should be set no higher than .5 lb. per week—which is way more than 1,200 calories.

I'm less hungry when I use MFP's protein & fiber goals as minimums and ignore fat & carbs. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • KatissimusDorsi
    Options
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you're hungry because you've only been eating 1,200 calories a day for an extended period of time.
  • kagd28
    kagd28 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat back most of my exercise calories, but I'm planning on starting to eat more. I just don't get why I was fine on this same routine before, and now it just isn't enough. :happy:
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have had the EXACT same problem. 1200 calories for the past 14 weeks or so and I was fine after the first week. I am 1.2 pounds from my goal (I had 10 to lose). I work out the same and eat the same, but in the past week I have been truly hungry more often than not. It is becoming harder to stay within 1200 calories. Once I lose the last 1.2 pounds and am on maintenance I can add about 150 calories. I do not eat back my excercise calories. I don't think I would lose weight if I did. I struggled to lose it without adding calories. Slow metabolism and age (52).