Brazillain/Bikini Waxing- Is it worth it?

Options

Replies

• Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Def worth it!

Just don't attempt it yourself..

how come?

did something happen to you? :flowerforyou:

NO...just sayin..she may not want to do it herself..near a bathtub. Or something like that..so I've heard. :blushing: :wink:
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you go. There's a place by me that uses a chocolate wax - smells delicious, hurts but supposedly not nearly as bad as others (according to Yelp). I've only gotten it once and only there. They use the same for eyebrows and I'll say the eyebrows don't hurt as much there as they do getting them done with other wax at other places. Check out Yelp for a good place!
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I have been thinking about a brazillian wax for awhile now. I just hate shaving on a daily basis but I like to keep things smooth so I do it. How much growth do you need before the waxing? The thought of growing it out is pretty unappealing.
    For those of you that had laser treatments..how many did you need before no growth showed up and is it permanent?
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    One word of warning. All these women saying it lasts 4 weeks, grows back thinner etc., could be wrong in your case. I've endured it around 20 times in my life and it just doesn't work for me. It lasts for about 2 days and never goes completely smooth (used a lot of different waxers all over the country, even on recommendation, and tried it myself, too), never started to grow back thinner and gave me a billion in-grown hairs. I do have quite thick hair but actually shaving is much much better for me AND my hairs started growing less quickly after I'd been shaving every day after giving up on it. I am saving for a laser and by all means try it, but it's not a miracle for everyone.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    It hurts like a mother! (And I have a very high tolerance for pain). Is it worth it, yes. I too have started doing laser so I never have to wax again.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    One word of warning. All these women saying it lasts 4 weeks, grows back thinner etc., could be wrong in your case. I've endured it around 20 times in my life and it just doesn't work for me. It lasts for about 2 days and never goes completely smooth (used a lot of different waxers all over the country, even on recommendation, and tried it myself, too), never started to grow back thinner and gave me a billion in-grown hairs. I do have quite thick hair but actually shaving is much much better for me AND my hairs started growing less quickly after I'd been shaving every day after giving up on it. I am saving for a laser and by all means try it, but it's not a miracle for everyone.

I had the same experiences as you with super fast regrowth.
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Look into body sugaring, much less painful than waxing. The pain you do endure with sugaring is worth it though.
  • knickersb1
    knickersb1 Posts: 222
    Options
    It's not bad at all....I get a Hollywood done every couple of months, it really doesn't hurt that much and if you get someone good it should be pretty quick!! Trust me it is so worth it though!!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I went to a salon the first time, but now I use NADS home wax. Sometimes I go for full hollywood and others I go for fancy designs. Much cheaper to do home wax. I like being really neat down there but I'd say go for variety. Def worth having one at least once, just for curiosity's sake.

P.S. Mine doesn't last 4 weeks. I read somewhere that it's due to the hair growth cycles but after a while they should synchronise so it should last a set period of time. Also, I do get ingrowns but they are reduced by exfoliating. This is a problem I have whether I wax or shave and on my legs too, so I am used to it.
  • JesRuizz
    JesRuizz Posts: 215
    Options
    I cant go without .

It is totally worth it!!.. your experience depends on the person doing it. If you do decide to go do it make sure they know what they're doing . I say the only place hair belongs is your head!. lol
  • kdaxon
    kdaxon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it. And really only hurts the first time, IMO.

Show of hands. How many women have heard THIS before?

bahahahahahaha *RAISES HAND*
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats waxing (or pulling out all the hair) in my opinion. It's just great results, lasts 3 weeks (at least) and the hair grows back smooth, not that rough like from shaving/trimming/depilatory cream.

If I shave, I get that rough feel in 12-24 hours. And the hair growing looks terrible.

It hurts. But you get used to.

Sugaring may hurt less than waxing. You can try it.

But with all the pain in the world, actually pulling the hair from your skin in any way is worth. The results are great. At least if you don't have folliculitis.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Depends on a few things.

Hair growth dpends on the person but typically you can expect to have the hair grow back after 4 weeks.

Pain, depends on your threshhold. I don't do brazil/bikini, I do Hollywood (which means everything goes....EVERYTHING)
    Which is painful. At least it is when the labia majora is waxed, that is the worst part.

Worth it though.
  • missjmariam
    missjmariam Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It killed me the first few times.. Not so much on my panty line but on the other parts...i curse many obscenities every time it's going down. I keep my waxing lady laughing, I think she enjoys my pain lol. If you have a history of shaving it will hurrrrrrrrt!! If u have very fine hair..you should be ok.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    In my opinion it's not really worth it. The results are similar to shaving except they last longer. Problem is, it costs a ton more, unless you go to a skeezy cheap dirty place. Also, you have to let the hair grow out before re-waxing. That's the part I didn't like as I want to be smooth all the time.

If you are going to pay for it though, it helps to get a hot waxer. When someone's telling you to spread your *kitten* cheeks for them, you want them to be at least a little attractive.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    It hurts, but not so bad you can't endure it. . .and it's totally worth it.

It lasts 4 weeks on average.

This...I have fairly fine hair and hair grows back more sparsely each time you do it. If you have a European Wax center in your area they are clean and reputable and by far the cheapest place I've found. Check out some internet pics before you do it so you'll know kind of how you want it: bikini, landing strip, all bald, etc.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I wax my potatoes and they look sexy.

b65x5f.jpg
  • melissa_tn
    Options
    My wife goes to a gal named Wendy. Calls her "Wendy the Ripper" and then wonders why I don't want to go in for a "Sack and Crack wax".

This made me literally LOL until I had tears in my eyes... thanks for that :laugh:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    It's not really painful to me. The first time was the most uncomfortable, but after that it was fine. For me, it lasts about 4-5 weeks. It's totally worth it as far as I'm concerned.

For the person asking the difference between a bikini wax and a brazilian, the bikini wax is around the edges and maybe the top. A brazilian can be a full brazilian or not. If you get the back side done, too, it's a full brazilian.

I had sugaring done one time and never will again. Maybe it was the place where I had it done, but they apply the sugar stuff against the grain of the hair, so it's pulling the hair while they apply it, then they rip it out. I have a high tolerance for pain, but I was sweating before it was done, it was so painful. Plus they only do it in little 1 or 2 inch squares. Never again!