Brazillain/Bikini Waxing- Is it worth it?

Options
1235»

Replies

• canadafats
    Options
    In for the pics.

If you don't have anything intelligent to offer atleast don't show your IQ level. It surprises people like me that 37 year olds can still act like middle schoolers.

It surprises people like me that some people can have no sense of humor..

THIS!
    If you don't have a sense of humour then you should get off of the internet. Especially forums.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ALL hooch waxing hurts....A LOT. Just take two advils a half hour before, bite your lip and get-er-done. It's worth it. As for brazilian, I don't get it. It's just a higher bikini wax. Unless you want nothing on your hoo hah, the regular bikini wax is fine.

One thing...you may want to invest in a skin protector to avoid ingrown hairs. TRUST ME, this is an issue with waxing, if you do it often.

Ask the wax girl about the skin protector/cleanser.

I've never had these things done, but I thought a Brazilian was when they also did the backside? Am I way off on that lol?

Everything off the front and they ask if you want the back done too, in all of my experiences. The backside is a breeze, though. It's like the cool down at the end of a workout!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Sorry to whoever thought this was TMI for the internet, but you didn't have to read my post. I wanted honest answers to make a educated decision on something.

And again, THANK YOU to all you ladies (and gentleman).

don't you have like, real life friends that you can ask this question??
  • soonerkt87
    soonerkt87 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have gotten a brazilian for over 5 years now and I absolutely love it. I get extremely bad razor burn when I shaved. It doesn't feel the best but it's so worth it. Mine last any where from 3-5 weeks. I have gone to the same girl for the entire time. I say it is definitely worth it.
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    Hi Melissa,
    Advice from an esthetician for your first Brazilian :
    Drink lots of water (as you should always) and avoid alcohol & caffeine 24 hrs before -- being dehydrated makes you more sensitive to pain in general.
    Have no more than an 1" of growth -- trim before if you have to, or shave no less than 2 weeks prior to your appt. The longer your hair, the more painful it is, but the wax needs at least 1/4" growth to adhere to.
    Take a couple advil 30 min before (ibuprofen is the only think that helps -- no tylenol or aspirin)
    Find someone who uses hard wax -- it works by shrink-wrapping the hair, rather than strip wax which always takes some skin with the hair, ouch!
    Try to schedule your appt for immediately after you finish your period, this is when you are least sensitive to pain.
    The first time will hurt the most -- your hair roots are the strongest, they get weaker and smaller with subsequent consistent waxing. It will also take about 30-45 min for a full Brazilian. Believe me, you do not want your esthetician to rush through this.
    Once you are in a regular waxing schedule, results will last approx 4-6 weeks, but you will see regrowth earlier after your first wax. This is due to different hair growth cycles.

Hope this helps!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    No.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    How much growth do you need before the waxing? The thought of growing it out is pretty unappealing.

This is what I want to know too... not sure I can live with it growing!
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Sorry to whoever thought this was TMI for the internet, but you didn't have to read my post. I wanted honest answers to make a educated decision on something.

And again, THANK YOU to all you ladies (and gentleman).

don't you have like, real life friends that you can ask this question??

If I did, do you think I would come here? I believe I clearly stated a friend and I were looking into doing it and I wanted honest opinions first.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa,
    Advice from an esthetician for your first Brazilian :
    Drink lots of water (as you should always) and avoid alcohol & caffeine 24 hrs before -- being dehydrated makes you more sensitive to pain in general.
    Have no more than an 1" of growth -- trim before if you have to, or shave no less than 2 weeks prior to your appt. The longer your hair, the more painful it is, but the wax needs at least 1/4" growth to adhere to.
    Take a couple advil 30 min before (ibuprofen is the only think that helps -- no tylenol or aspirin)
    Find someone who uses hard wax -- it works by shrink-wrapping the hair, rather than strip wax which always takes some skin with the hair, ouch!
    Try to schedule your appt for immediately after you finish your period, this is when you are least sensitive to pain.
    The first time will hurt the most -- your hair roots are the strongest, they get weaker and smaller with subsequent consistent waxing. It will also take about 30-45 min for a full Brazilian. Believe me, you do not want your esthetician to rush through this.
    Once you are in a regular waxing schedule, results will last approx 4-6 weeks, but you will see regrowth earlier after your first wax. This is due to different hair growth cycles.

Hope this helps!

Awesome! Thanks! :)
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread, OP. I am scheduling my first brazilian in the near future and was wondering the same thing...if it's worth it bc of the pain.... :flowerforyou:
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    How much growth do you need before the waxing? The thought of growing it out is pretty unappealing.

I just read you have to wait 2 weeks without shaving! Could not even handle, can barely go 2 days!
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Just get laser hair removal...it's way better!
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options

I just read you have to wait 2 weeks without shaving! Could not even handle, can barely go 2 days!

My gawd, I had no idea about that! Thanks for that info!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I only do bikini but have just switched to laser to make it permanent for both bikini and underarm. Laser hurts much less than waxing.

Have done waxing and it hurts but I can handle it for bikini-hurts about the same as underarm.

I do remember a co-worker -who had a new boyfriend at 50.
    She went in for a Brazillian.
    It hurt so much she left being 1/2 done and called it her Mohawk!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Def worth it!

Just don't attempt it yourself..

how come?

did something happen to you? :flowerforyou:

When I pulled up on the strip, my taint ripped upward and the tear extended through my sack. BE CAREFUL AND DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF!

Good God man!
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options

My gawd, I had no idea about that! Thanks for that info!

Ya that totally sucks! I would hate that..the longest I've gone is a day without shaving so 2wks would be horrible. You don't have to grow it out that long each time do ya? If so..i'll look into laser.