Music!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• seemichellerun
    Options
    I found another one.

A friend of mine is a DJ and showed me Girl Talk this past weekend. In my circle of friends, I guess I could be called the token "goth friend." I'm not a fan of hardcore gangster rap, but for some reason when it's paired with classic rock it actually becomes fun.

Here is a sample (**WARNING! Very explicit lyrics)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JBAxkZun3s
  • donner72
    Options
    Gonna fly now is of course a fav as is La Copa de la Vida by Ricky Martin, Let's get loud by J Lo, Bring me to life by Evanescence is a song I can really kick it to. don't knock the Ricky Martin til you try it!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The Killers are...freeeaking awesome. "Mr. Brightside?" Oh heck yes. AND Fallout Boys. Those are my fist pumping run as hard as I can until my legs fall off songs. "This Ain't a Scene" and "Thanks for the Memories." Yes.

FOB 'Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner' all the way!

Sum 41 'Walking Disaster' is also great, you can time it perfectly to do interval sprints on an elliptical with such a fast passed chorus and then it slows down.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Cuz I Can by Pink.
  • JamesPartridge
    Options
    I am the only one who probably would say this, but when I need a boost I need some really angry music...for me I always play Bodies by Drowning pool or Disturbed Down with the sickness.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I am the only one who probably would say this, but when I need a boost I need some really angry music...for me I always play Bodies by Drowning pool or Disturbed Down with the sickness.

You're not the only one, I named Disturbed on the first page. Not just D w/the S, but that whole album kicks some serious *kitten* for running.
    Godsmack is another good one. One time "Go Away" came on at the end of a record breaking 5K on the treadmill. It was awesome realizing I had beat my best time while listening to "I'm doing the best I ever did, I'm doing the best that I can!"
  • danab479
    Options
    Power by Kanye West
    Big things Poppin by T.I.
    Work It by Missy Elliot
    My Sneakers by Lupe Fiasco
    4 Minutes to Go by Madonna
    Hard by Rhianna
    Imma Be by Black Eyed Peas

OMG I could put a whole playlist on here!
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    You are so NOT a loser.
    Ice Ice Baby and Can't Touch This would probably be good too if you have them! :wink:

I could probably listen to Bust a Move by Young MC, Back To Life by Soul II Soul, and Joy and Pain by...can't remember.....
    In fact if I had them I'd throw them onto my mp3 player, but I don't....

Robin - you ROCK!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Robin - you ROCK!
    :glasses:
    awww gee, thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options

Robin - you ROCK!
    :glasses:
    awww gee, thanks!:flowerforyou:

Yes, the remix link you sent worked. I owe you one!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options

I could probably listen to Bust a Move by Young MC, Back To Life by Soul II Soul, and Joy and Pain by...can't remember.....
    In fact if I had them I'd throw them onto my mp3 player, but I don't....

I didn't know this right off, had to search for it .... "Joy and Pain" by Omar Chandler and Rob Base

Speaking of Rob Base - It takes two!!!!!

Off to ITunes to download some more, thanks!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I like to listen to the Hives when I am doing cardio - or any ska music - the beat is great to keep a consistent high intensity rhythm.

I recently made a 4 hour video game soundtrack mix for a conference party, and have found myself playing the Call of Duty soundtrack for cardio as well - it is the weirdest feeling running to such epic music
  • sinbad1971
    Options
    Hearts on Fire from Rocky IV is great for getting the adrenaline running, but the New Radical's 'You only get what you give' is such a joyous song it never fails to give me an energy burst.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Temperature by Sean Paul, it always gives me that extra boost!:wink: