I saved these shorts but I think they look terrible...

Options
I bought these in December. I liked them then...or thought. I dunno you ever feel like Kohl's intentionally puts these deceiving mirrors in the dressing rooms the puts these on sale just so I would kind of like them and buy them? Well... I thought they fit, but judging by the booty (or lack thereof due to baggy), it appears these do not in fact look good. I haven't worn shorts in years and this was my only pair, today is officially a day I COULD be wearing them but...

bg2vbk.jpg

my 10 month old photo bombed one. Professional shorts opinion says?

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    They'd do for gardening or painting but you can do better. Get a pair that fit your butt!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I don't think they look terrible or ill-fitting at all! Your legs look great. Yes, a little baggy in the butt - but all my pants fit like that :(
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    they're fine! I'd golf in them.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    They could be a slimmer fit on you but pair them with a more fitting top to make a curvy illusion..?

I'm bad at this lol
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being back in shorts!! Woo hoo!! Rock them until you can get out and buy some that fit your new physique. :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Good idea on the more fitting top
    I'm queen frumpy
    Lol I like the gardening idea! I need a pair for that this year :D
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Congrats on being back in shorts!! Woo hoo!! Rock them until you can get out and buy some that fit your new physique. :)

Thanks! It's a huge accomplishment for me to feel more comfortable in them. I agree I should make them work :) Maybe it's the adjustment of accepting everything
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest, they do look terrible. I just think they are a little big for you and don't show off your figure at all, which looks nice btw. Perfect for gardening though. :smile:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    While there could be worse, you have an awesome body and these just don't do you justice....

Your legs look like they are pretty toned so show them off!!!
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    I'm going to be honest, they do look terrible. I just think they are a little big for you and don't show off your figure at all, which looks nice btw. Perfect for gardening though. :smile:

Hehe. I do appreciate it. I'd rather someone tell me I look terrible then let me run around thinking they look awesome. It's still early, I can shop!! :D
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I would roll them up on or two times and they would look great!
  • andreyadonna
    Options
    I'm with Kimi, roll those suckers. That's in style these days. Or, if you know someone who can sew, have them taken in so your sweet tuckus gets the attention it well deserves.
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    Nice legs! Show them off! :flowerforyou:
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    They're a bad fit.

First off, it's KOHLS. We're not exactly talking top quality.

Also you bought them in December. I'm assuming you've lost more since then. They're too big. You need a smaller size, or a better cut.

In other news, your legs look sexy as all get out.
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Thank you guys so much ♡♡. It means a lot to hear that. I'm going through this faze of self acceptance from that starting point, mentally I've been stuck at what I used to see, so hearing this means a lot... I won't say no to shopping!

Verdict is these babies are gardening shorts!:laugh:
  • onionparsleysage
    onionparsleysage Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You're dressed like my mom would dress, lol. You can do better!

Maybe you'd like some slim-fitting Bermuda shorts? Those are conservative yet show off the rockin' body you're building here.
    Like these: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1647187/apt-9-denim-bermuda-shorts.jsp
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You've got the legs to pull off a pair of these kinds of shorts:

I think women look so hot in shorter shorts, especially when they're more dressy.

How-to-Dress-Up-Shorts1-1024x1002.jpg

You've come a long way. You deserve better than Kohls frump wear!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    From the front, okay. From the back, terrible. :) Time to go shorts shopping!! If you just don't have the backside to fill out pants well, might try shopping in the Juniors section. I don't have that problem, so... :wink:
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of the baggy back or the color. Try a lighter color (white or khaki) with a slimmer fit
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I think they look good from the front, but you definitely need to take them in at the back, or just wear them around the house. Your legs look amazing, though, so maybe nobody will even notice!