restart

Options
December has proven to be challenging for many of us. there are lots of task to complete, to many events to attend, way to many distractions. know that we are all in the same boat. thankfully in 2 weeks the craziness will be done. the kiddos back in school. short days will be turning to longer days in January. yes, it will be a couple of months till spring...but the craziness of the holidays will be done so that we can focus on what we need to do for our health.

Be kind to yourself. talk to yourself as tho you were encouraging a toddler to walk. use kind words, repeating them often. be kind to yourself and others. always.

If not today, then push restart tomorrow, December 26th, 27th, January 1st, 2nd, 3rd. the important part is that you restart.

Cheering you all on!
Jane

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I really needed this! Thank you so much. I had a bad diet/exercise weekend (Saturday wasn't TERRIBLE, but it wasn't great for me. Sunday I ate at a Chinese buffet for lunch and for dinner... once with family, the 2nd with friends) I will say, though, in my defense, most of my plate was veggies and the place actually serves the ice cream out into 1/2 cup (ish) containers and I only ate one of those. And I also only ate 1 plate of food (except for dinner... I did eat part of 1 crab ragoon a couple of potato cheese poppers, and 1 of the sugary rolls)...
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Great motivation and I will take that advice.
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Thanks girl! Hey....You're SOOOO close! Only 8 pounds to go!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :0) I'm yelling to you at your finish line!!! come on girlie!!
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that! I've been feeling pretty unmotivated due to the cold weather, not able to get out to the gym, and not really being productive at all, and it showed when I didn't lose any weight this week. Your words were exactly what I needed to hear!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Well said, Jane! I will "simply" restart today.....Not a good weigh in this morning. But, I'll spend some time today rethinking my approach and will recommit to the "new me"! :)
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Well said, Jane! I will "simply" restart today.....Not a good weigh in this morning. But, I'll spend some time today rethinking my approach and will recommit to the "new me"! :)
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this Jane! Ever positive as always and it is really appreciated!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk!!
    jane