He who lost it... but then found it.

Options
Title may have you thinking I lost my mind. That is debatable! I'm a computer nerd who loves golf and photography. 2 years ago I lost over 120lbs (Started out at 384lbs), then life decided to kick me in the proverbial jewels. Over two years of a whirlwind I gained roughly 50lbs of that weight back. My career and other priorities had to take over for a bit. It always ate at me that I was so close to my goal and never finished. So I watched what I ate still, I did cut portions, but lets face it.. I'M A STRESS EATER. I finally snapped.... Not crazy, but that goal in the back of my mind finally ate it's way through and back to the front. It must of been stressed as well!

So two weeks ago I started hitting the gym again, then this last week I started calorie counting again. The first week 11lbs dropped off, the next week 9lbs, this week is sitting around 9lbs. Pants are already fitting better and that goal has taken fully back over! My kids health issue is over, martial issue gone, done, finished. All I have left is to take care of my family and to do that I need to finish the goal I started out 2 years ago. For over a year I worked, clawed, and fought my way to a body I was starting to be proud of. I am on my way back there, roughly 20lbs from where I was at that point. With around 60lbs left to goal to my goal weight. I'll get there! I still have some tried and true friends on here, many have moved on. I always did my best with a great group of people around me. If you don't mind a friend with a lot of balls, golf balls that is, then I'm your friend!

Thanks for reading my semi-coherent re-introduction!

Replies

• LAPDpoliceNYPD
    LAPDpoliceNYPD Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    you can do it bro feel free to add me no surrender to the weight :wink:
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Pretty similar story here but without the balls, golf balls, that is. Unless you count mini... never mind.

Shall we do this again? I am an emotional creature and need to take care of my physical and mental well being.
    Better to fight the devil you know :devil:

Cheers to our future success! :drinker:
  • ashleyrene4404
    ashleyrene4404 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - :happy:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I can relate to almost getting to goal and having life and tragic things get in my way and gaining it all back and then some but at least WE are back trying again.............wishing you much success in your goals ............feel free to add me
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words. I'll be sending some Friend Requests!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I've decided for every friend request I receive I will post a random stupid fact about me. I gained 3 new friends so:

I have 3 bachelors degrees. Political Science, Computer Science, and Theatre Performance!
    I golf 3-4 times a week, and I am putting on a golf tournament that will have over $70,000 in prizes for an organization that I'm the chair of!
    I love B rated movies, the campier and dumber they are the better!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do this thing. :)
  • daveymac31
    daveymac31 Posts: 118
    Options
    That's awesome man! Wish I could have one week where I can drop half of what you did! Good on you!
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm confident you'll reach your goal this time. You're clearly on your way. Yes, life does get in the way sometimes, but I've found that with each attempt at reaching a goal (whatever it is) and are perhaps unsuccessful, we learn a little bit more about ourselves and what it takes...and the next time are that much ahead of the game and closer to succeeding. You can do it!

Melt fat, melt away -- far, far away!!!! Feel free to add me.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Another friend request so.... completely random stupid fact about me::

I love to play pranks on people.
    A buddy of mine had a prank war until his wife finally made us call it quits as someone was going to get arrested or divorced.
    Pranks ranged from bumper stickers, til it escalated to Craig list ads and news paper ads.

My buddies worse one was zip ties on the drive shaft of a vehicle and cooking oil sprayed on the bottom of the muffler. The zip ties make this horrible clicking noise that is not harmful to the vehicle and the cooking oil smokes horribly on the muffler! The mechanic had a great laugh at my expense. Cheapest mechanic bill of all time!

My worse one was a Craigs list ad saying my buddy finally read 50 shades of gray and needed an assistant for his workplace. (He owns a company) He was willing to pay $40-$75 an hour depending on "assets and abilities". Must send pictures via email or text and with his cell number. He got a fair amount of replies!
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love your post! I too lost it....but then found it. This time out I'm going to RELEASE it!:happy: Please friend me!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    A few more random facts, so you can decide if you want to hit that friend list of not!

I'm a huge football fan. I also help run a Division II NCAA football website.
    I have a 4 year old son who keeps me line. He's been one of the best things in my life. He also loves to golf with Daddy so that is a huge plus!
    I'm a germ freak and I freak out about lice and fleas. DO NOT LIKE THEM!!
  • lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! I'm a fellow computer nerd as well.. Friend request being sent. The more the merrier on this journey I always say. I'm just getting back around to finally hitting my goal as well.

We can DO this!!

Lisa
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Another friend request so.... completely random stupid fact about me::

I love to play pranks on people.
    A buddy of mine had a prank war until his wife finally made us call it quits as someone was going to get arrested or divorced.
    Pranks ranged from bumper stickers, til it escalated to Craig list ads and news paper ads.

My buddies worse one was zip ties on the drive shaft of a vehicle and cooking oil sprayed on the bottom of the muffler. The zip ties make this horrible clicking noise that is not harmful to the vehicle and the cooking oil smokes horribly on the muffler! The mechanic had a great laugh at my expense. Cheapest mechanic bill of all time!

My worse one was a Craigs list ad saying my buddy finally read 50 shades of gray and needed an assistant for his workplace. (He owns a company) He was willing to pay $40-$75 an hour depending on "assets and abilities". Must send pictures via email or text and with his cell number. He got a fair amount of replies!

HA HA HA! LOVE IT! And where do I sign up!? LOL!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    A couple more random tid-bits! I expect all you sending friend requests to send me some tid-bits on yourself!

I wear a size 14 shoe.

Once in high school, I got sent to the hospital by a girl! Full story, we were all playing basketball and I was trash talking, I went up for a layup and she grabbed my shirt and pulled me down and then fell on me. I stood up and then passed out, she tore my right lower back muscle and knocked out a few vertebrae. Ended up going to the hospital on a back board and neck brace. They gave me a shot of something, and I apparently broke into laughter and told the EMT that I'm glad I was wearing my running shoes. Got out that night and spent a couple days taking it easy at home before going back to school.