I need help with my menu

Options
Im trying to make a meal plan for approximately 1200-1400 calories but I cant stay under the sugar requirement and get enough calories. If I compensate by adding high calorie foods low in sugar like eggs or meat I go way over my cholesterol requirement. Im so frustrated just planning the menu part. I have three meals with salad and chicken and tons of veggies, more than I can even eat in a day, and snacks, and still cant get over 900 calories without raising my cholesterol or sugar, any suggestions?

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    hmmm, that doesn't follow my experiences. What is the one item or two that has the most sugar in it? So like do you have creamer in morning coffee??? I know someone else will say this - although I don't open mine - help would be easier if you open your diary.

Are you doing any "starch" ? brown rice, polenta ? they are calorie dense....
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good question. This sometimes takes some getting used to and 'tweeking', but my basic day is:

Breakfast: coffee with creamer (no sugar) and some toast or yogurt
    Snack: apple/fruit/toast with peanut butter (pick one)
    Lunch: LOTS of greens with chicken - dressing is just a TBS drizzle of olive oil and some basamic
    Snack: yogurt/small cottage cheese/fruit (pick one)
    Dinner: Protein with side salad and a carb (salad is always biggest, carb is relatively small... think baked sweet potato)

Post exercise snack: Protein shake

This is about 1400 cals. Try to eat throughout the day, prevents binges. And pay attention to portion size (my biggest downfall).

Good luck!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You only have 35 lb. to go. Set your goal no higher than 1 lb. per week.

You lose weight by eating at a deficit. Work on logging everything you eat accurately & honestly. Weigh your food. Eat "healthy" 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal.

I use MFP's protein & fiber goals as minimums, and ignore fat & carbs. But if you ask 100 MFPers about macros, you'll get 100 different answers. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Unless you have high cholesterol, or are diabetic, I wouldn't worry about the cholesterol/ sugar macros, and focus more on the cals/ fat/ protein.