Female, lifting, friends!

Options
CallieM15
CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
Hi you guys! Im not new to MFP... But I've been MIA for a while, life got hectic. Anyway, Today I start lifting, with a trainer! Im doing a 3x a week hr long lifting sessions with her, to learn more about the lifting liftstyle (correctly). It would be cool to have more mfp female friend who lift and I can chitchat with!

Im active, young, female, short, enthusiastic, hate running, love swimming, live in the cold northern Alaska state, beautifully tan Hawaii chick. Ove the past year ive don't the cardio lifestyle, and lifting on my own. Im excited to start to learn how to realy gain muscle, lose fat, by lifting.

Any who, lets talk about this crazy life! :)

Replies

• kimazoo
    kimazoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm currently training for a half marathon but still strength train 2-3 times a week.
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've just started strength training so i'd love to chat with you about it since I'm doing it on my own at the minute! We're already friends!
  • CallieM15
    Options
    I've just started strength training so i'd love to chat with you about it since I'm doing it on my own at the minute! We're already friends!

Yay! Yeah I start today. Im not 100% new to lifting, but lifting CORRECTLY im really excited for. I want to see what a trainer is going to recommend and challenge me with.
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I just started working out with a trainer 2 weeks ago. Would love to also have a friend doing the same.
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I've been doing Stronglifts for 4 weeks now :)
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've been doing stronglifts for about a month and a half now. I live the changes I've seen in my body and the sense of empowerment it gives me :).
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Just started lifting myself! Had a session with a trainer last night to figure out my starting work weight, form and routine. I also am just finishing up reading "New rules of lifting for women" great book, highly recommend it!
    Would love more lifting friends!
  • OnceARnnr
    Options
    Strength training is a priority on my list right now. I was previously a competitive distance runner, but even then I strength trained 2-3 days a week. I am in a new phase of training so I do circuit training and strength programs ranging 3-5 days a week and run 3 days. There are so many options that it helps keep me injury free, motivated and a positive state of mind.

I was a personal trainer years ago and form was crucial. I've also taken seminar on Olympic lifting and proper form for body weight exercises these past 6 months.
  • youngestadult
    Options
    Sure! I've been doing Stronglifts since last October but I still sometimes struggle with it because there's no certified weightlifting trainer at my gym.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Beginner at lifting ????
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great to hear another female is getting into weight training. I've lifted weights on and off over the years and most recently have been at it about 6 months. Just found new rules of lifting for women (there's a group here for it, too) and am starting with stage 1. Feel free to friend me - psyched to convert some fat to muscle!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I started strength training in August, but had to slow up in the winter. I'm lifting now again 2-3x / week doing Stronglifts.
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm about to start stage 3 of NROLFW.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like :smile:
    I'm working my way through Stage 3 of NROLFW at the moment with a little bit of body-weight stuff thrown in.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Sure! I started Stronglifts a little over a month ago.
  • JenCary123
    JenCary123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting now for about 8 weeks and I LOVE it! Just started carb cycling today- not sure I love that so much! LOL
  • md523083
    md523083 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE lifting. Please add me :) (and everyone else on here)
  • CallieM15
    Options
    Thanks for the responses guys! Yesterday was my first session, and although I felt shakey after.. .I feel unsore today. =O!
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Im also looking for some chicks who lift as friends :)
    Anyone can add me
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey all - feel free to add me :)

I completed stage one of NROLFW and have just started strong lifts! Loving the confidence it has given me and the changes I am seeing :)