feeling disheartened

Options
I just tried on the same dress I wore for New years eve expecting it to be big for me as I've lost a stone this year, but, it felt the same, tight and uncomfortable :/

Replies

• Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Try not to feel too down, just keep up the good work and try it again later :)
  • Jaminjo2
    Jaminjo2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This isn't meant to be mean Jenny, but maybe the dress was tighter than think on New Years. Here's my story: In March I focused on losing inches not weight. I was terribly upset when I didn't lose and inches at my waist and hips. I lost on my arms, neck & thighs, and lost 6 lbs. But when I tried a pair of pants on that were tight the last time I wore them I was able to put them on without unzipping them.

I think I heard others in this website refer to it as "body Composition." It may be hard to not be discouraged when the numbers don't show your progress, but your body is changing for the good. Just wait, be patient, a new you will show up before you know it!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Yep!! Really depends on the cut of the item. I've been able to slip into some previously tight dresses and have extra room in my pants but these flippin' jackets I try on from my closet won't fit (unless I prefer not breathing and busting buttons). The cut of those jackets either doesn't align with where I'm losing weight from, or unfortunately, yes, it's possible that they fit me three dress sizes ago and not one, for example.

Either way, just hang in there. This is a marathon, not a sprint. This is the rest of your life. You're doing great, not to mention you're an amazing MFPal, keep it up!!! :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    that dress won't matter in six months when you are all excited about the smaller size you are shopping for at the stores.
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    that dress won't matter in six months when you are all excited about the smaller size you are shopping for at the stores.

THIS
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Yep. Focus on the success, the stone loss, and keep up what you are doing.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep. Focus on the success, the stone loss, and keep up what you are doing.

+1
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much. I've just got to keep going :)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You've lost a stone in 2014? That is serious success! Keep it up, and forget about that dress.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's possible that you just haven't lost from the spots yet that would make the dress fit better. I tend to lose first from my chest area, so anything that goes around my waist/hips will still be tight even if I've lost a few pounds.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Don't feel disheartened. I didn't notice much difference in my body shape at first either.

You could well have lost visceral fat, which is far more important.

T7G2p.jpg
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Don't give one dress that much power over you. Put the dress away and go for a walk. You'll drive yourself crazy thinking about it which will lead to eating and that solves nothing!!

Get ready to laugh at that dress in a month or two because it's to big.

Get up. Have a glass of water. Then go enjoy a workout. You can do this!!
  • Jaminjo2
    Jaminjo2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A man with the right words! Well said my friend!
  • Cynner2007
    Cynner2007 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Jenny, forget about the dress, focus on the weight loss, YAY YOU! You are doing something right to have lost that much weight! success often comes in baby steps, girl, keep marching forward...xx
  • PawPrints89
    PawPrints89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't feel disheartened. I didn't notice much difference in my body shape at first either.

You could well have lost visceral fat, which is far more important.

T7G2p.jpg

LOVE THIS!! And I agree, that dress won't matter months from now!
  • Tina_12thMan
    Options
    I am new to this, what is a stone lost? How much is that?
  • nicpare
    nicpare Posts: 15
    Options
    That's alright. You deserve a NEW dress, anyways! Focus on the positive--find something about your changing self that you appreciate. It could be something inconsequential to everyone else, but meaningful to you. Now focus on THAT success. Dresses come and go...styles change.....bodies change..... but you are always going to be YOU, no matter what dress you're wearing!
  • cbeevs
    cbeevs Posts: 41
    Options
    WoW!!!! kinda scary pictures.. the one on the right is the right way to be for sure. Is that an MRI? Look at the internal organs. I have heard all about this before , but seeing is even better.. Grrrreat job loving your self to health.
  • monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Don't be hard on yourself. You've been making great progess..... :wink:
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've lost sixteen pounds all together but still not even a centimeter from my thighs.

I bet you've lost weight from somewhere that the dress wasn't tight.