I gained 2.5 pounds overnight!!

Options
Wth. I've been on a diet for a little over a week now. I had already lost almost 5 lbs from Mar. 24-yesterday. I went 132 calories over yesterday because I read the nutrition labels on my lunch wrong and didn't realize until after I had already purchased the food. I also slacked up on my water and only drank about 4 cups instead of 6 (which I'm working to get up to 8+). Then, at around 12:30 AM I ate a 255 calorie sandwich because I worked 5-10 and missed dinner.

I exercised everyday but Sunday last week and was going to work out yesterday, but I was up until almost 1:00 doing homework (and still didn't finish everything) and was barely awake enough to finish one (of many) of my assignments. While I could have and have got by on 2 hours of sleep and less, I just could not motivate myself to do exercise last night/this morning.

I got on the scale this morning and it read +2.5 pounds.
>:-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( I weighed myself again just to make sure it and it still said +2.5 lbs. WTFFFFFFFFF
Is this normal or just water weight?

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    It's agua
  • Jwold55
    Jwold55 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    it takes 3500 + calories ABOVE maintenance to gain ONE lb...
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it was water, lack of sleep and your body trying to hold on. It will be down in a couple days. I panic like this all the time.
  • npostemni
    npostemni Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Don't let the gain bother you. It could be a number of things. It could be water weight, extra sodium or that sandwich still sitting in your tummy. I work all shifts and when I'm working third and eat late at night (my lunch) I find that I gain a pound or two when I weigh myself after I wake up in the afternoon. It's just because my body isn't used to eating that late. I wouldn't let it bother you. Try drinking a lot of water to "flush" out any toxins on your body :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Don't let the gain bother you. It could be a number of things. It could be water weight, extra sodium or that sandwich still sitting in your tummy. I work all shifts and when I'm working third and eat late at night (my lunch) I find that I gain a pound or two when I weigh myself after I wake up in the afternoon. It's just because my body isn't used to eating that late. I wouldn't let it bother you. Try drinking a lot of water to "flush" out any toxins on your body :)

What Toxins? This "your body accumulates/stores toxins" idea is spouted 3,794,261 times a day on here and not one single person yet has been able to actually name these toxins. 'Cause it's bull honkey that we've been fed by an industry hell-bent on taking our dollars from us.
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal for your body weight to fluctuate a few pounds during the day and overnight. Don't worry about it. Your weight loss won't always be linear and will most likely be a lot of ups and downs, but the trend will be down overall.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    no you didn't.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    no you didn't.
    this
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    no you didn't.
    this

again, for emphasis
  • npostemni
    npostemni Posts: 102 Member
    Options

What Toxins? This "your body accumulates/stores toxins" idea is spouted 3,794,261 times a day on here and not one single person yet has been able to actually name these toxins. 'Cause it's bull honkey that we've been fed by an industry hell-bent on taking our dollars from us.

"Toxins" as in extra sodium that can and will make your body bloat and hold on to water. Did I say anything about spending money? I said to drink extra water to flush out the extra TOXINS and yes I am once again saying toxins because all of our bodies have them.
  • pennyllayne
    pennyllayne Posts: 265
    Options

It depends what you're eating, but your body treats many "foods" as toxins. There are also such things as environmental toxins that we come into contact with every day and we assimilate into our bodies, that our bodies then have to process through the liver and eliminate through waste. Yes, detox diets use them as a way to sell their product but what they're not telling you is that our bodies can detoxify without the need for a special type of diet. That doesn't mean toxins don't exist. Ever heard of the phrase "being intoxicated" to describe being drunk? That's because alcohol is poisonous to our bodies and is treated as toxins and this is why it has to be processed before food and fat burning gets halted when you've been drinking.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Its normal I am up 5lb this week..............also I wouldn't sweat being over by a hundred or so calories, just stay consistent. You are doing a great job!!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

"Toxins" as in extra sodium that can and will make your body bloat and hold on to water. Did I say anything about spending money? I said to drink extra water to flush out the extra TOXINS and yes I am once again saying toxins because all of our bodies have them.

Did I say you said anything about spending money? What I said is, the idea of a body building up toxins is pushed by an industry that wants you to spend money. that's where it comes from. I didn't say anyone needs to spend money. And sodium is not a toxin, it's essential to life. Just not in excess.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

extra sodium is not a "toxin"
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    TIL sodium is a toxin.
  • Jennypoo76
    Jennypoo76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've always heard to only weigh in once a week because your daily weight can change.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

My heart would not like it if I rid myself of toxic sodium.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Sodium = an essential mineral our bodies need. You know, like WATER. Just not too much, of either.