Replies

• lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yey for sensible responses to the word 'toxin' :drinker:
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight you have lost. Are you eating any of your exercise calories back? When you work out every day, your body will hold onto extra water. Also if you don't eat those calories back, your body starts to think you are starving and stops losing too. I only ask this because it's what I did when I started here. I was on the treadmill every day and only eating the limit set by MFP. I lost weight at first but then stopped. You don't have to eat them all back but maintaining at least 1200 NET is good. I found that if I ate them all back at least once or twice a week it helped too.... if only mentally!

But you can't gain that much over night unless you spent hours at an all you can eat buffet. Your body is reacting to your change in schedule and eating habits. You might want to log in your shift hours in the notes so you can start to see if there is a pattern.

I still weigh myself every day but I make one day a week my official weigh in day. Mondays are bad enough so I would go with Tuesday or Wednesday. :) That's the weight you actually log into here or into a spreadsheet or however you are tracking it. You have to let the other days go if you know you have been what you are suppose to do.

Remember this is a marathon, not a sprint. If you know you didn't eat those calories, then you didn't gain that weight. Drink some extra water, maybe take a day off from exercise to give your muscles a break, keep logging and learning. It will go away.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said - you didn't gain 2.5 pounds overnight. I weighed myself this morning as well and I was up 2 pounds. I know i'm up because of the dinner I had last night that was loaded with sodium. I will drink my water, carry on and by tomorrow or the next day I will be back to normal. Try not to freak out over daily fluctuations, you will drive yourself mad.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    eat some prunes and take a dump, I think you'll see the scale right itself again . . . well, but hopefully not by 2.5 pounds . . . a 2.5 pound **** would be . . . yeah, i've already said too much.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Totally normal fluctuation. Yesterday morning I was down 2lbs overnight, after a big weekend of eating and being over goal. Yesterday I was over by 500 cals, and this morning my weight is the same it was yesterday.

Weight loss isn't linear - you may or may not see daily changes UP or down. If it freaks you out, don't weigh daily. And make friends with your tape measure and start tracking that way - often you'll see progress on the tape while the scale is busy messing with your head.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Its normal I am up 5lb this week..............also I wouldn't sweat being over by a hundred or so calories, just stay consistent. You are doing a great job!!
    yeah, i'm up 2 (now 1) myself. But I can feel the water retention it's not even funny. Much better today but yesterday I felt horrible.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate day to day. It could be water weight, I know if I go way over on sodium I retain water and get bloated. Also (might be TMI) I have noticed that right before and during that time of the month I "gain" anywhere from 2-5lbs so I don't weigh myself then lol.
    Also if you don't do it already try and weigh yourself the same day and about the same time, that way it's consitent, I prefer Sundays (start of the week) first thing in the morning after bathroom and shower. It's the best way to get a consistent weight since the weight fluctuates throughout the day.

Good luck!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    no you didn't.
    this

again, for emphasis

And again.

Go take a poop and chill out.
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It's agua

Why are you half naked in your picture?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    It's agua

Why are you half naked in your picture?

Why AREN'T you?
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Up your water intake and watch your sodium. It will go away soon.
  • tgeiger777
    tgeiger777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Consider your sodium intake from the day before. It is possible that if you ate out alot the last two days or high sodium foods, your weight will go up due to sodium intake. It may take 2-4 days for it to disipate through the body. Drink water!
  • cvw1013
    cvw1013 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am not sure.....maybe it is your lack of rest, low water intake or high salt intake. It probably won't make you feel any better but I gained 4 pounds overnight. It is very frustrating but I am just going to try and continuing doing what is right and if worse comes to worse I will have something to study on and see if I can find a pattern.....
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You did not gain 2.5 pounds over night. Weight can fluctuate daily due to many factors. You can't freak out when this happens, it's part of the journey and no big deal
  • mgibbons22
    mgibbons22 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been consistently losing 4 pounds a week for nine weeks. Several times I "gained" 1.5 to 2.0 pounds overnight. Yeah, I get upset when I see that too, but my net loss over any seven day period remains at four lbs. Don't worry about it, probably the sodium/water thing everyone else has cited.
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't panic! This happens to me all the time. Your weight will zig-zag from day to day, but as long as it is on a general downhill trend, you're doing well. If day-to-day changes are going to bother you, try weighing yourself once a week instead. If your goal is 0.5-1.0 pounds per week, of course you will see some normal fluctuations each day. I can gain or lose even 4 pounds in a day. Relax and keep doing what you're doing.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You should panic.
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    eat some prunes and take a dump, I think you'll see the scale right itself again . . . well, but hopefully not by 2.5 pounds . . . a 2.5 pound **** would be . . . yeah, i've already said too much.

I agree with this statement! take a good pooh!