What are some changes that you have noticed in yourself?

Options
I've been thinking this morning of some of the positive changes that I have noticed in myself since I started this journey 38 days ago, and I'm curious what others have noticed about themselves. I've noticed...

- Greater, more sustained level of energy throughout the day
- Stronger fingernails
- More motivation to get up and exercise
- Feeling less irritable and more positive
- The "urge" to eat is pretty much gone, with the exception of a few occasional occurrences
- Cravings for "bad" foods are pretty much gone, allowing me to have more self-control
- Pants are feeling looser

I haven't seen any difference when I'm looking in the mirror, except that my face might seem a little thinner. But I know that part will come soon :)

Replies

• SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My eyes are less squinty and my skin is so much healthier!!!

33di8uv.png
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear from some other ladies about this one. I've noticed that my terrible PMS symptoms (especially the 2-day headache) are almost non-existent. I'm wondering if there is a correlation or if it's just a coincidence. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear from some other ladies about this one. I've noticed that my terrible PMS symptoms (especially the 2-day headache) are almost non-existent. I'm wondering if there is a correlation or if it's just a coincidence. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mine were still bad though I didn't put on as much water weight as I have in the past (2 lbs vs. 5 lbs).
  • cwkwkw2
    cwkwkw2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My clothes fit better. I am more organized so I can fit the gym into my day.. I'm less "judgey" about people and their issues because my journey is not easy.
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options

Yes, I believe it has been better for me too.

Other things I've noticed include:

looser clothes
    less tired
    less "mood swings" (I don't know if this is really due to weight loss or not)
    Desire to do more things, such as cook a nice meal, visit family, take the baby out and about
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've noticed:

more energy
    healthier skin
    sleeping better
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    Less headaches, i use to have them at least every other day, now I can't remember the last time I had one.
    More energy, I actually feel like getting up and doing stuff
    My skin has cleared up a lot
    PMS is completely gone (maybe tmi but it's the truth)
    Better Mood, I use to get so moody I didn't even like being around myself lol
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Sleeping better/more consistently. I'm still a total night person, but I have more motivation to be in bed by midnight and up by 9am on days that I don't have to be anywhere.

Clothes fitting better and generally feeling better in them. Lately I've been struggling with this because I've gone down a shirt size but haven't gone down a pants size yet & sometimes they still seem tight, but MOST days, I look in the mirror and am like 'wow, I actually look good in this'.

I have more confidence, even though I haven't really lost enough weight for it to change how I look. In general, the psychological changes are the most amazing to me.
  • mgibbons22
    mgibbons22 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I see a skinny guy in the mirror. I've gone from 306 to 269 in two months. But a 269 lb skinny guy? What will I see when I drop below 200?
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I can smile without little pockets of fat clinging to my jaw - I HAVE A JAW!
    And my cheekbones, I missed you guys <3
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My eyes are less squinty and my skin is so much healthier!!!

33di8uv.png

You look lovely...I've noticed in the facial before/after posts that people's eyes really do pop after losing weight.

For me, it's definitely a flatter stomach and less side/back bulge. I've gone down a size or two in tops, and while my pants are getting big (one pair that used to be too tight are now too loose!), I still can't seem to fit into the next size down. :( But I do catch glimpses of myself and notice where I've shrunk, become more toned etc. and think "wow, this is actually working." I've worn a favourite dress of mine WITHOUT Spanx and felt confident! :)

Also in general my daily routine has changed...logging my food, planning meals and going to the gym are just what I do. I don't struggle with these things the way I used to. After three straight months, it's how I run my life.

Cravings for sweets/junk have definitely gone away too. I actually tend to crave savoury, healthy food if I have any cravings at all these days (which is not often). I eat because I'm hungry/fuel my workouts, not out of boredom or craving.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    When I went from my all-time HW to my MFP start weight (loss of 45 lb)...

no more swollen ankles/feet
    lighter periods
    can eat/drink without spilling anything on my chest
    fit into chairs with arms w/o discomfort
    50% decrease in migraine headaches
    bras no longer pinch my back fat or roll up
    no shortness of breath when walking up stairs or long distances
    don't want to cry when I see candid head & shoulders photographs of myself

Since joining MFP (loss of 71 lb, for 116 lb total loss so far)...

nicer skin
    back fat and lower abdomen chub almost gone
    90% decrease in migraine headaches (from my HW)
    fit into all chairs, rides, booths, bath tubs - often with room to spare
    feel oddly lighter when I jog/run short distances
    visible collarbone
    clothes have gone down many sizes; can wear "skinny jeans"
    don't want to cry when I see full-length photographs of myself (gotta admit this is HUGE for me)

I have actually always had the same super high energy level though even at my heaviest.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I get a lot less back ache now