Stress eaters - HELP!

Options
I tend to eat a lot or the wrong things (or both together) when I'm stressed out. I clearly don't have a lot of willpower. What do you do to stop yourself from indulging when stressed out?

Replies

• Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    take a nap. Go outside, clean, play a game, read.
  • LoraAnn86
    LoraAnn86 Posts: 14
    Options
    Not so easy right now because I work full time then go home to online school every night. So stressful and frustrating. I'm trying to keep all the bad food out of my house and snack on fruits and veggies even though it's not as satisfying as a cookie would be. But believe me, I don't deprive myself either :)

Thanks hun!
  • hpatte2
    hpatte2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in school full time and I'm stressed! What helps me is doing homework in a room as far away from the kitchen as possible. even though I think about snacking, it's such a hassle to go to the kitchen over and over again. Another trick that works for me (sometimes) is drinking different flavored teas- without sugar- and that satiates my cravings for a taste, but then because I get a water belly, I don't want to eat.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Sip tea.
    Take a few deep breaths.
    Get up and stretch.
    Chew gum.
    Text a friend.
    Listen to some soothing music.
  • FranceyPants
    FranceyPants Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a massive stress eater. While I have major assignments or exam period, I usually give myself a higher calorie goal to give me more calories so I can snack while studying.

One thing that stops me overeating is if I study outside my house - like in the library. My university has libraries open til late. Is this an option for you?
  • angelcake89
    Options
    I'm a massive stress eater and I'm studying full time as a single mum with two boys (3 and 4). I've not been watching what I eat too long but I've found drinking a lot more when I'm reading/writing helps me to have something to do with my hands and keeps me full enough not to snack too much.

Failing that I have air popped popcorn.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I stop thinking about food.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    google how to comfort myself. I did that one night, cant remember all of them but talk to a friend, hot bath, think of a positive place like the beach, music, exercise.