What's for breakfast?

Options
goldfish252000
goldfish252000 Posts: 14 Member
I need some quick breakfast ideas….I'm in a rut and could use some suggestions. I LOVE hard boiled eggs, but not really scrambled eggs. I'm OK with 'non-traditional' breakfast ideas too!

Thanks for any and all suggestions! :)
Ginny~

Replies

• FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal with 4oz of strawberries in them as well as 2tsp of peanut butter! Also, a protein shake is good as well! If you don't like your eggs scrambled, I'd make them hard boiled and eat them or sunny side up and put them on an english muffin!
  • kaylaweinzatl
    kaylaweinzatl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love a yogurt parfait. Its a little high in sugar but I just try to limit my sugar the rest the day.
    I mix vanilla yogurt with cut up strawberries & blueberries (or whatever fruit you have on hand or like, ex: bananas, kiwi, grapes - all good) and then sprinkle a little bit of granola on top.
    So delicious!
  • Luv2h1k3
    Luv2h1k3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mini omelettes - use mini muffin pans - variations are endless - I like a little onion, green pepper, turkey sausage. You can make a batch on Sunday and pop them in the microwave throughout the week for a super quick yummy breakfast.
  • Rlyxpop
    Rlyxpop Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies here lately. yesterday I had cooked cereal and was hungry an hour later. But the smoothies keep me satisfied for about four hours.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm in a French toast oatmeal kick.... just instant oats, milk, vanilla extract and one egg in the microwave for 3 minutes, then add maple syrup. SO GOOD.

Otherwise I like frittatas, protein pancakes, French toast, ricotta with jello powder and milk, Greek yogurt and breakfast biscuits, or leftovers.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I eat at work so my breakfasts have to be cold or microwavable. My mainstay is just a couple of eggs with a piece of canadian bacon chopped up and an ounce or less of cheese....cooked in microwave.

I make refrigerator oatmeal which is 1/2 c equal parts rolled oats, milk and vanilla greek yogurt. Then add whatever fruit you like and spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and agave nectar are what I rotate using. Put in fridge at least overnight.

I also make little mini egg quiches you could call them. Just put whatever fixin's you like in cupcake tin and then pour in some eggs top with cheese and bake. It's a nice make ahead for several days of breakfasts.
  • goldfish252000
    Options
    Could you tell me what you put in your smoothies? I like the idea because I can take them with me and drink on the way to work, but they don't seem to fill me up
  • goldfish252000
    Options
    Thanks everyone for these GREAT ideas! :)
  • goldfish252000
    Options
    I make smoothies here lately. yesterday I had cooked cereal and was hungry an hour later. But the smoothies keep me satisfied for about four hours.

Could you tell me what you put in your smoothies? They don't seem to keep me satisfied for very long, but I like the idea since I can drink them on my way to work.

Thanks for your help!
  • goldfish252000
    Options
    I'm in a French toast oatmeal kick.... just instant oats, milk, vanilla extract and one egg in the microwave for 3 minutes, then add maple syrup. SO GOOD.

Otherwise I like frittatas, protein pancakes, French toast, ricotta with jello powder and milk, Greek yogurt and breakfast biscuits, or leftovers.
    [/quote

These all sound delicious! Thanks!
  • goldfish252000
    Options
    I eat at work so my breakfasts have to be cold or microwavable. My mainstay is just a couple of eggs with a piece of canadian bacon chopped up and an ounce or less of cheese....cooked in microwave.

I make refrigerator oatmeal which is 1/2 c equal parts rolled oats, milk and vanilla greek yogurt. Then add whatever fruit you like and spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and agave nectar are what I rotate using. Put in fridge at least overnight.

I also make little mini egg quiches you could call them. Just put whatever fixin's you like in cupcake tin and then pour in some eggs top with cheese and bake. It's a nice make ahead for several days of breakfasts.

These all sound good too.....especially the oatmeal. Thanks!!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options

Could you tell me what you put in your smoothies? They don't seem to keep me satisfied for very long, but I like the idea since I can drink them on my way to work.

Thanks for your help!

Add some protein to your smoothies, like protein powder, greek yoghurt or nut butter.
  • williamshl10
    williamshl10 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been loving breakfast wraps. I use a garlic & herb wrap, two egg whites with some dried salsa seasoning (Tastefully Simple), laughing cow wedge and a slice of low fat cheese. I love cheesiness, the calories aren't too shabby and it keeps me full for a while.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I make my own packages of oatmeal. My go to is oats, cinnamon, splenda, walnuts, and I add 1/3 of a banana. I also cook egg whites in the microwave. One of my favs is overnight oats. 1/3 C oats, 1/3 C yogurt, 1/2 Tbsp chai seeds, cinnamon, splenda, cocoa powder or sugar free pudding mix, and 1/3 C almond milk. In the morning I add pb and banana.
  • djs_net
    djs_net Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't really watch the show but saw an episode of The Biggest Loser that had a recipe for Veggie Frittata with Turkey Bacon. I've been making these every other week. I eat 2 frittata muffins almost every day for breakfast. I really like them and it's easy to prepare at home or in the office.

Here's the link:

http://www.biggestloser.com/nutrition/recipes/veggie-frittata-turkey-bacon
  • priyamvada_k
    priyamvada_k Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One boiled egg and chia pudding = today's breakfast

Chia pudding recipe:

Chia seeds, 2 tablespoons
    3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Add chia seeds to almond milk and stir for 2-3 mins. The seeds start to absorb almond milk. When it starts to thicken, cover and refrigerate.

Next morning, it gets the texture of tapioca pudding. Add sliced banana and some crushed pecans....or blueberries, or raisins....perhaps some honey....chopped dates.....the possibilities are endless. This morning I added sliced clementines.

Enjoy!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I mix the following in a bowl:

Fage 2% with honey (or with strawberry)
    1 banana, chopped
    1/3 cup granola

It is delicious!
  • goldfish252000
    Options
    One boiled egg and chia pudding = today's breakfast

Chia pudding recipe:

Chia seeds, 2 tablespoons
    3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Add chia seeds to almond milk and stir for 2-3 mins. The seeds start to absorb almond milk. When it starts to thicken, cover and refrigerate.

Next morning, it gets the texture of tapioca pudding. Add sliced banana and some crushed pecans....or blueberries, or raisins....perhaps some honey....chopped dates.....the possibilities are endless. This morning I added sliced clementines.

Enjoy!

This sounds good..thanks!
  • goldfish252000
    Options
    I don't really watch the show but saw an episode of The Biggest Loser that had a recipe for Veggie Frittata with Turkey Bacon. I've been making these every other week. I eat 2 frittata muffins almost every day for breakfast. I really like them and it's easy to prepare at home or in the office.

Here's the link:

http://www.biggestloser.com/nutrition/recipes/veggie-frittata-turkey-bacon

Thanks! These sound awesome!!
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That french toast oatmeal sounds interesting! I will have to try it.
    For a morning that you have a little more time, I'm HUGE into veggie hash with poached eggs. Rough chop potatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and honestly whatever veggies you have on hand (asparagus, zucchini, cauliflower, etc.), add in whatever seasoning/herbs you like (we either use Herbs de Provence or Chili Powder & Cumin) and cook over medium high heat in a cast iron skillet. When that's almost done, poach eggs. Dish the hash and serve the eggs over top... mmmm....