Weight loss foods? Fat burning foods?

Options
I was going to buy some raspberry ketone capsules from my local Holland & Barrett but they are not suitable for women who are breastfeeding????

What other foods are good for weight loss/fat burning????

Replies

• freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Before they all get here... I'm going to advise you to use the search functionality on this forum to search for other users who have asked about raspberry ketones and draw your own conclusions from the responses on those.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    hahahah No.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You'll have more luck finding a Genie in a bottle sweetpea.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    There aren't any foods that burn fat. If you like raspberries, knock yourself out, but they won't help you burn fat.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I find the magic key to fat loss is to EXERCISE....not take pills :smile:
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Seriously...there is NO magic pill!!! I would have found it by now...OH wait, check my ticker.....I did, its called HARD WORK and DEDICATION!!!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit=weight loss

and that can happen with all types of foods. When you are done breastfeeding, save your money and do not waste it on any pills that make magical claims.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I love raspberries, in fact I love berries in general.

Unfortunately raspberry ketones are just another in a series of useless products sold by unscrupulous marketers, the worst offender being Dr Oz.

Stick to the basics; eat a well balanced diet with a modest caloric deficit, exercise regularly and be patient.

Best of luck!
  • I just had a good look online and they don't seem to be as good as they make out!!! Lol
    Apparently made people more hungry or just made them lose their appetite which is obviously not right!!!!
    Just thought they sounded good on the health shop website as I got recommended them by someone who has lost loads..
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Want to lose weight? Eat at a deficit (preferably a balanced "diet" eating in moderation)
    Want to get fitter? Exercise

There are no "magic" foods (or bad foods if you eat in moderation).

You can only get rid of the fat by burning it away (exercise and or eating less will do that - but don't go too extreme with the deficit).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    The only pills that are proven to actually breakdown fat are very serious prescription medications that are indicated for use by patients with BMI over 30. If your doctor hasn't approached you regarding these (which I highly doubt they will if you are breastfeeding, regardless of BMI) then it's up to your deficit and activity.

Breastfeeding in itself boosts the potential for increased weightloss because of the caloric offset it creates. Have you figured it into your dietary goals? If not, you really should.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes.
    Because I burn so many calories shoving them down my throat.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I just had a good look online and they don't seem to be as good as they make out!!! Lol
    Apparently made people more hungry or just made them lose their appetite which is obviously not right!!!!
    Just thought they sounded good on the health shop website as I got recommended them by someone who has lost loads..

This is typical for those quick weight loss crap programs. I am still waiting for the fat burning jelly bean. LOL! You have to be extremely careful with these things. There are jokers out there that will take advantage of peoples' lack of knowledge in order to sell them anything and screw them over for their money.
  • Seriously...there is NO magic pill!!! I would have found it by now...OH wait, check my ticker.....I did, its called HARD WORK and DEDICATION!!! Carry on with trying to find a quick fix....I'll be shopping for tiny clothes:)

LOL!!!! Seriously... I wasn't expecting no magic pill.. I was just asking for advice about something I was curious about!!! I do not want no quick fix..
    & for your information I WORK VERY HARD & the reason I was asking is because I do not get to go gym because I'm a full time mum I have my daughter 24hours a day... And go ahead and shop for them tiny clothes.. I'm wearing the tiny clothes already just need to lose my chubby belly that I got after giving birth!!!

I Ain't having people thinking there so perfect and making them self feel better by being rude to me!!!!
  • & thank you to those who actually was just trying to give me advice without being a ***** about it :) x
  • Sallyrose5994
    Options
    Hey girl,

WOw people were quick to respond that there is nothing? I think green tea is a metabolism booster. When I drink it it can make me irritable so I stick with black tea, but anyway keep doing your thing. Questions are always a good thing. Let the haters hate! LOL you are a wonderful girl!
  • Sallyrose5994
    Options
    that was meant for MRM27-- obviously I am new here and an idiot.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have burned fat while eating:

Chicken,
    chocolate
    veggies,
    apples,
    bananas,
    ice cream,
    beef jerky,
    cake,
    oatmeal,
    blueberries

So, I highly recommend all of that and more. Log your calories, stay at a moderate deficit, and you're going to do great!!

ETA: pizza! I forgot about pizza, it has been a very important part of my weight loss, for real.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    lol and you must be a jerk.... cuz it shows, lol get over yourself
    Batter up…and the pitch…strike one