Need Oatmeal Suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I cooked frozen dark sweet cherries into my oatmeal this morning. Pretty good!

I like a tablespoon of peanut butter stirred into oatmeal with a teaspoon of grown sugar.

Raisins and maple syrup.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love slicing an apple, putting it in a small dish, sprinkle with cinnamon, top with some good oatmeal, put a tsp of butter on it, and bake for about 15 min. It is sooooo good, a low cal apple strudel. I think I just talked myself into making that my afternoon snack!
  • slwilson33
    Options
    add applesauce
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Also, is it the oatmeal itself that increases milk production or is it the calorie increase?
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna steal those savory ideas. Thanks. :D
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Mine is a kind of a normal one, but this is how I like it:

Cooked in a pan with water and a minute or two before it's done cooking I add in some cinnamon, about 1/2 an apple - chopped, a tablespoon or two of raisins, and some brown sugar. Cooking them softens the apples and raisins up nicely. When it's done I add in some chopped walnuts or pecans. Super tasty!
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I recently made a baked oatmeal from the Oh She Glows cookbook. It has apples and pears baked in. I made it in muffin pans, so it's portable, too. It tastes like a cross between oatmeal and apple pie. So good.
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I found this website awhile ago. I do some minor adjustments to the recipes in order to fit them into my calorie count for the day. The pumpkin oatmeal is out of this world! And if you make a whole batch it will last in the fridge for a week so you can scoop some out and microwave it for a warm breakfast!

http://www.budgetbytes.com/category/recipes/breakfast/oats/
  • cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My favorite is oatmeal, peanut butter and banana. I eat it a couple times a week.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    bump

usually eat it with some fruit (kiwi, banana.. whatever is on hand)

peanut butter is good too
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    What about adding a few spoonfuls of raw oatmeals to your regular cereal? Or making some oatmeal cookies. There is a recipe somewhere on here for three ingredient cookies. Just oats, mix in enough banana to make a dough texture, and cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 15 mins.
  • JoeyIbz
    JoeyIbz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oats + Skimmed Milk + Cinnamon, that's it, nothing more. 2 minutes in the microwaves, let them rest 10 minutes, and if you are hungry they taste like heaven... When dieting I take this for breakfast practically everyday after my latte/espresso