Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need Oatmeal Suggestions

2»

Replies

• Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    I cooked frozen dark sweet cherries into my oatmeal this morning. Pretty good!

I like a tablespoon of peanut butter stirred into oatmeal with a teaspoon of grown sugar.

Raisins and maple syrup.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    I love slicing an apple, putting it in a small dish, sprinkle with cinnamon, top with some good oatmeal, put a tsp of butter on it, and bake for about 15 min. It is sooooo good, a low cal apple strudel. I think I just talked myself into making that my afternoon snack!
  • add applesauce
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Bump!

Also, is it the oatmeal itself that increases milk production or is it the calorie increase?
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    I'm gonna steal those savory ideas. Thanks. :D
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Mine is a kind of a normal one, but this is how I like it:

Cooked in a pan with water and a minute or two before it's done cooking I add in some cinnamon, about 1/2 an apple - chopped, a tablespoon or two of raisins, and some brown sugar. Cooking them softens the apples and raisins up nicely. When it's done I add in some chopped walnuts or pecans. Super tasty!
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    I recently made a baked oatmeal from the Oh She Glows cookbook. It has apples and pears baked in. I made it in muffin pans, so it's portable, too. It tastes like a cross between oatmeal and apple pie. So good.
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    I found this website awhile ago. I do some minor adjustments to the recipes in order to fit them into my calorie count for the day. The pumpkin oatmeal is out of this world! And if you make a whole batch it will last in the fridge for a week so you can scoop some out and microwave it for a warm breakfast!

http://www.budgetbytes.com/category/recipes/breakfast/oats/
  • cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    My favorite is oatmeal, peanut butter and banana. I eat it a couple times a week.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    bump

usually eat it with some fruit (kiwi, banana.. whatever is on hand)

peanut butter is good too
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    What about adding a few spoonfuls of raw oatmeals to your regular cereal? Or making some oatmeal cookies. There is a recipe somewhere on here for three ingredient cookies. Just oats, mix in enough banana to make a dough texture, and cinnamon. Bake at 350 for 15 mins.
  • JoeyIbz
    JoeyIbz Posts: 13 Member
    Oats + Skimmed Milk + Cinnamon, that's it, nothing more. 2 minutes in the microwaves, let them rest 10 minutes, and if you are hungry they taste like heaven... When dieting I take this for breakfast practically everyday after my latte/espresso