I'm not losing any weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    so besides the usual "are you logging EVERYTHING and WEIGHING everything accurately" question... has anything else changed? Just looked at your diary for today. So things like the Kashi. The serving size is in number of pieces 28 pieces = 55g. Do you actually weigh the pieces? Like weigh out the 55g? Only reason I ask is because sometimes the number of pieces is way more than the weight. Do you have a food scale at all? Amazing investment if you don't... these darn food companies like to lie to us about weights vs portion size! arrgh frustrating but all the little things definitely add up.

That is often true, but I happily found out recently that if I weighed my mixed nuts instead of counting them, I could eat almost twice as many. :) So it can go both ways!

^This! I found out I was short changing myself on protein powder by not weighing it out! :frown:
  • jvanzandt1
    Options
    Try changing up when your eat your foods. Have proteins and fats at one meal/snack (eggs, meat, cheese, butter) and your carbs at a different time - try to wait 3 hours between the two types of foods.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Try changing up when your eat your foods. Have proteins and fats at one meal/snack (eggs, meat, cheese, butter) and your carbs at a different time - try to wait 3 hours between the two types of foods.

No... That has nothing to do with weight loss.
  • stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    mom ordered that food scale as I talked her into it :) How do I use a food scale? I never used one before. How do I keep track of my food and stuff?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    mom ordered that food scale as I talked her into it :) How do I use a food scale? I never used one before. How do I keep track of my food and stuff?

on virtually every package of food, where it says serving size it will say a number in grams next to it, in parentheses - like for example on oatmeal it will say 1/2 cup (40g) - instead of eyeballing it or using a measure cup, weigh out 40 grams of the oats, prepare how you're going to prepare it, log it and eat up :)
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options

EXCELLENT!! :)

Here's a great thread that someone took a lot of time in putting together to help with logging

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • jvanzandt1
    Options
    Search "Trim Healthy Mama" and related posts for many, many success stories of how switching up when you eat your carbs and fats can make a difference.
  • jvanzandt1
    Options
    Do an internet search for Trim Healthy Mama (THM) and related posts for many testimonies from people who have lost a lot of weight by changing the timing of when they eat their fats and carbs (in other words, avoiding eating them together).
  • Hannahp1402
    Hannahp1402 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Scales haven't moved for me for two months. they just play within the same Kilo. be pleased its not that long