Toning your butt

Options
Hey there, I am looking for more experienced people than me who can give me some advice or suggestions on how to tone my butt and hips/handles , I dont go to a gym, and i dont have equiptment in my house, I have stairs all around my apartment, in and outside, and I have 3lb dumb bells, so , see not much , and also no experiencce in toning or what to do or not to do .

Any advice woud be greatly appreicated,

Thanks in advance for all the help !!

Replies

• amullett3
    amullett3 Posts: 12
    Options
    Have you ever tried Brazil Butt Lift? Its a 60 day program and has a mix of leg work and cardio. I completed 60 days of it and lost about 10 inches off my thighs, waist and hips. They are challenging workouts but only 30-45 minutes a day 6 days a week.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, bulgarian split squats, side lunges, planks, side planks,
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Lunges and glute bridges.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Squats. Lunges. Deadlifts. (Though, you would need heavier weights for deadlifts.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Diet. Barbell hip thrusts. Done.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Yes to the squats, lunges, side lunges, planks, deadlifts, hip thrusts, etc.

Start unweighted to get the form down.

Then you can easily add weight by holding a couple of water-filled milk jugs (8 lbs per gallon), filling a backpack with books (I swear mine weighed a ton in college), etc. I sometimes do hip thrusts with my kid on me (he's only 30 pounds, so it's not that great, but you can find other stuff around the house, too).

Eventually I would recommend finding a gym. It gives you much more in the way of options. There are several gyms that have basic memberships for $10/month.
  • Dyann_Alvarez
    Dyann_Alvarez Posts: 61 Member
    Options

That'll do it!
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Oohh... what's a barbell hip thrust?
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8nFGuY77CE

I suggest padding the area where the bar makes contact with the body, because I've had bruises across my pubic area from this. You'll be surprised by how much weight you can lift. .
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    SQUATS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I suggest padding the area where the bar makes contact with the body, because I've had bruises across my pubic area from this. You'll be surprised by how much weight you can lift. .

200 lbs sitting on those bones is painful- definitely get a yoga mat. I use one from the gym and I want to say I tri fold it- so it's at least 3 times the thickness- or 4. either or- needs padding.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Step 1: squat

Step 2: squat moar

Lather, rinse, repeat :bigsmile:
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

200 lbs sitting on those bones is painful- definitely get a yoga mat. I use one from the gym and I want to say I tri fold it- so it's at least 3 times the thickness- or 4. either or- needs padding.

I use an old vinyl foam pool float that I cut in half and then I fold that in half!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I use a Hampton extra thick bar pad for hip thrusts. Works fine for me. I think an Airex pad would work well, but they're expensive.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I use a Hampton extra thick bar pad for hip thrusts. Works fine for me. I think an Airex pad would work well, but they're expensive.

how long is it?

I find the bar pads typically designed for squatting are way to narrow for me for where I"m comfortable with my feet.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

That looks deadly lol, but I'm definitely going to try it.
  • purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Should one do only regular squats or only bulgarian split squats in a day, or should both be done in the same work out?
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Check out Cassey Ho's Blogilates videos on youtube! Completely free and completely at-home. :)
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump