Taco Bell breakfast

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Regardless of calorie or macro content it's pure trash IMO.

You don't care about calories or nutrients?

Not sure where you got that I don't care. Whether it's 1000 calories or 5, the QUALITY (i.e. number of chemicals, amount of processing, etc.) of those calories are pure trash.

I am pretty sure they don't serve the food out of the trash. :noway: :huh:

Seriously? What is the point of your post? Do you think I literally meant trash? In case you did, I meant that the item is lacking in quality nutrition.

Trash is something you throw away to be picked up by the trash service. Food is something you eat to fulfill your nutritional requirements. Clearly, you are the one who is confused.

food =/= trash
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Uh, the calories on that is like 370. I just had one this morning and it hardly threw my day off.

Everyone is different. You might eat 370 for breakfast and be okay with it, I might not be able to. In any case, I've made the determination that it's not worth it - for me. If you can, great.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm Taco Bell is on my way to work. The thought to stop in never crosses my mind. Esp in the AM ewwww (but iifym, try it)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I took a look at the nutrition – the Waffle Taco (sausage) is 370 calories and 23gs of fat. Not too disturbing. I didn’t see the syrup listed. The AM Crunchwrap (sausage) is 710 calories and 41gs of fat (14 saturated), almost 1/3 of my daily calories and 2/3 of my daily fat allowance.

I don’t generally bury myself in calories/fat that deeply first thing in the morning, as I don’t enjoy spending the rest of the day scrambling to hit my macros with limited calories to work with, so I would try the Waffle Taco, but no thanks to the Crunchwrap.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm not tempted by the taco wrap, so yeah, I'll pass.
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options

Not sure where you got that I don't care. Whether it's 1000 calories or 5, the QUALITY (i.e. number of chemicals, amount of processing, etc.) of those calories are pure trash.

Seriously? What is the point of your post? Do you think I literally meant trash? In case you did, I meant that the item is lacking in quality nutrition.

Trash is something you throw away to be picked up by the trash service. Food is something you eat to fulfill your nutritional requirements. Clearly, you are the one who is confused.

food =/= trash

Do your parents know you are on this website?
  • mhiggi02
    Options

How? Quite sure it has a bunch of protein.

So does a Big Mac, it doesn't mean it's a quality, healthy choice.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Still delicious. And not lacking nutrition.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Would it be a more 'quality" or "healthy" choice if you were to make the same thing at home? If yes, please explain why the nutritional breakdown would be different. You just seem to be so educated on the subject I figured you could enlighten us. Thanks.
  • mhiggi02
    Options

Would it be a more 'quality" or "healthy" choice if you were to make the same thing at home? If yes, please explain why the nutritional breakdown would be different. You just seem to be so educated on the subject I figured you could enlighten us. Thanks.

No, I wouldn't attempt to make such a thing at home. Please, by all means continue to fool yourself that it's a healthy choice. I will pass.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Perhaps his point is that it's loaded with sodium and fat, with plenty of saturated fat, is caloricly dense and yet is not particularly satiating. Hopefully the meat is actually meat (you never know with taco bell...) but either way, it's far from what most would consider "quality" food. That said, convenience oftentimes wins out over quality, so I'm sure taco bell will sell plenty of these things.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Oh I seen that!! I'm try it mmMmmmMM
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The eggs are gross, but the Cinnabon things are amazing. I tried the gordita and really liked it.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    It looks good but not 800 calories worth.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what's wrong with the eggs ingredient listing. It's eggs and butter flavoring. If a sandwich were just bread and eggs , the way listings work there would still be 20 ingredients on there because they'd list the whole eggs and then have to list every ingredient in the bread. **shrugs**

The crunch wraps have a hash brown in them which is 160 calories. After trying that item once to see what the hoopla is all about, you could always get it without the hash brown for fewer calories? Most of the other items appear to be sub 500 calorie range. I might try some or all of them just to break my home made sausage/egg/egg white breakfast routine. I will say one benefit of breakfast at home is not sitting in a drive through for minutes of my life and even them they sometimes screw up the order. :ohwell:

I could have sworn someone said there'd be a chicken waffle item, I don't see one on there just sausage and bacon
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Perhaps his point is that it's loaded with sodium and fat, with plenty of saturated fat, is caloricly dense and yet is not particularly satiating. Hopefully the meat is actually meat (you never know with taco bell...) but either way, it's far from what most would consider "quality" food. That said, convenience oftentimes wins out over quality, so I'm sure taco bell will sell plenty of these things.

Fat is necessary and so is sodium. At least in a balanced diet. *shrug* :ohwell:
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

Fat is necessary and so is sodium. At least in a balanced diet. *shrug* :ohwell:

Sure, if you're tracking everything you can make it work, but for most people who don't track their food I'd wager that it's a poor choice. Either way, it's far from quality, but to each their own.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Sure, if you're tracking everything you can make it work, but for most people who don't track their food I'd wager that it's a poor choice. Either way, it's far from quality, but to each their own.

Quality is rather subjective. And on a site where people are counting those things, one would think that they are tracking their food. Not liking something does not assess its quality. It is true, to each their own.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I tried the sausage waffle taco and it was delicious. I thought the eggs on it tasted good and the cheese used tasted real. My one complaint is about the waffle cus I thought the waffle was supposed to be shaped like a taco, but my waffle was pretty flimsy and laid flat. Over all its not a bad breakfast meal.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I just had the bacon waffle taco yesterday. It was love at first bite