Intermittent Fasting Success?

13»

Replies

• delongpre
    delongpre Posts: 14 Member
    Well, today I went a little over my calories--I ate about 100 too many--but I feel like I would have done far worse if I hadn't put myself within an eating window. I fasted from 5pm Saturday night until about 11am Sunday morning. I made a little panini sandwich and then had two waffles and a candy bar. Then I binged on about 3 bowls of cereal. I know this is a horrible intake, but I'm expecting that as I begin to get a handle on IF, I will start to want better foods. I'll see how I do tomorrow. I've tried every crazy diet that is out there, so my main objective is to try to overcome my bingeing.I hope that I will wait until 11am to eat tomorrow. That will have been a 19 hour window, which I think will be good for my digestive system...especially since my eating habits have been terrible lately.
  • delongpre
    delongpre Posts: 14 Member
    I'm just checking in for my fourth full day of IF, and it's going very well. I'm still having to combine it it MFP, but so far, I have stayed within my calories--except that first day, and I'm finding that the fasting is making me feel very good, sleep well, and I haven't binged. I began a binge yesterday, but when I put in my calories and realized where i was, I decided not to, so together this seems to be working. I have stopped eating between 4 and 6, and then I try to fast for 16 hours. So far, so good!