Quit drinking pepsi

Options
:smile: i know for a fact that Pepsi is the most difficult thing for me to quit!!! I am on day two of cold turkey, its the only way cause one leads to another which leads to another - I literally have no control over it. I've been using chromium picolinate, I think its helping. Fingers crossed, just have to make it through a few more days and hopefully my body should settle.

Replies

• D_T_H
    D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to drink way too many I now have 2 a day tried to quit completely but the headaches where so bad best of luck to you it can be a difficult habit to break
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    If you love soda and find it difficult to get rid of completely, you might consider Sunkist 10 or A&W 10. Each can/serving is 10 calories....it's so far the best "diet" soda I've ever tasted. As long as you aren't drinking it a case at a time, you should be OK. :drinker:

th?id=HN.608019308805295087&pid=1.7
    drpepper23cut-1.jpg
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey in June . It took about two weeks for me to realize I can live without it. Coke and Pepsi have been my trigger foods that make me crave more and eat more foods that are unhealthy . I drink water all the time now and can't believe I have probably gone years without drinking water ?

It's good, it's healthy and calorie free .

Good luck !
  • Predat0r1502
    Predat0r1502 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try adding whiskey to the pepsi and then slowly reducing the amount of pepsi you pour into the glass.

That's how I got off pepsi.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    no.
  • nathnormand
    Options
    Like I said I have no choice it has to be cold turkey - its like cryptonite to me - i cant even have diet cause it gives me headaches and just makes me crave more! I just have to be careful not to replace it with other bad sugars so I've been having 2 fruit a day. Would you mind adding me as a friend, its hard to find someone who truly understands?
  • xPeacefulx
    xPeacefulx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm a pepsi fan and im currently trying to quit pop/energy drinks .....super hard but i think its a trigger food for me also with wanting to eat more. I'll succeed just gotta keep trying. :smile:
  • nathnormand
    Options
    LOL! That wont work I'll be drunk 24/7 !! Then I'll have two problems.
  • nathnormand
    Options
    LOL! That wont work I'll be drunk 24/7 !! Then I'll have two problems.
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It is hard, I switched to diet, then stopped all together about 3 weeks ago. Finally don't crave it like I once did
  • nathnormand
    Options
    Good for you, im going to be very diligent this time.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My advice is never say never. At one point in my life I drank a 2 liter of soda a day. I haven't had a regular soda in over a year, BUT, if I wanted one, I would work it into my calories and feel no guilt. I think it's the fact that the option is open to me that has made it easy- I know that anytime I decide a cold soda is what I want, it's mine.
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Coke is my soda of choice. It could be my only liquid intake for a whole day if I didn't have reason for it not to be. But now that I'm back on the weightloss/healthy eating train, I've managed to cut it down. I'm restricting myself to 1 a day if I really want one and have the calories left over at the end of the day. I've skipped it the last two days. It's definitely a weakness of mine though.

Ditto on the never say never thing. If I tell myself "I will not eat/drink [specific item or food group] again", I find myself craving it, feeling anxious and deprived of something that I like...which makes for an unhappy me. If I have the option to have it if i want to, it doesn't carry the "want what you can't have" feeling and I hardly even think about it.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Once you are over the three day hump, you are good.
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was forced to give up soda and caffeine. cuz of my acid reflux I found out I had 4 years ago. it wasn't easy but I won. Once in a great while I will have a root beer or vanilla caffeine diet soda but I nurse it and I'm good but to much just kills mer. good luck on the cold turkey it isn't easy but you can do it. add me if you'd like
  • michellestenson
    Options
    So glad to see I'm not the only one addicted to Pepsi. I only have one a day but was told I should quit that for years I have carried it around
    drinking the one bottle most of the day. I do drink alot of water also but I just love my Pepsi Thanks for sharing ideas I will try these.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking soda about 25 years ago...once in a blue moon I might have a green tea cane sugar soda if I am at the health food store, but it is very rare.

The way I have quit anything (adding sugar to my coffee and tea which I quit as a teen, soda, smoking) is to just do it cold turkey. I drink water and unsweetened tea and coffee in the morning, no sugar and usually no milk either.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I just shared on a couple other threads on the subject.

Basically, I drank DC. It was my 'go to' drink. Had to have at least one a day. For various reasons, in January 2012, I decided I was going to quit all caffeine products (except chocolate which has small traces). Yes, I had minor headaches for about a week and a half. But that got better. I increased my water consumption slowly up to at least 64 oz per day. I now only drink water with the occasional going out alcohol and once in a blue moon a cup of my son's fruit juice. During the first month and a half, I lost 20 pounds!!! It also helped to reduce my blood pressure and I was able to sleep better at night.

So, this is what happened to me. Therefore, I do advocate giving up caffeine. But, everyone's body is different, do what's right for you. :drinker:
  • Revolutionwithin
    Revolutionwithin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Previous time I gave up Pepsi I thought I was going to die. Maybe literally, lol. The first week without it was all headaches and misery, by the end of the second week it was better but I wanted it all the time. My problem was that my heart wasn't in it, so to speak. I didn't want to really actually lose weight, I just felt like I should. I didn't want to actually give up soda and junk, I just knew I really should.

This time, cutting Pepsi and junk out was so stupidly easy for me. I had one day of headaches and I have ZERO temptation to consume it. The difference is because I want this now. Every part of me wants to change. My heart is in it and I've made up my mind. I got some crap gene's from my parents but when they get determined about something there isn't any stopping them and luckily they passed that onto me.

One of the things I mentioned on another thread could work for you: I hate exercising. I mean hate it. So before I eat something I think about how long I would have to go on the damn treadmill to work it off. A can of Pepsi is a lot of running my friend. Not worth it. Lol
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love soda. I'm talking anywhere from 3 to 5 cans a day. A couple of weeks ago, I started on this health journey and decided to cut it out first thing. First week, I had one for dinner and that's it. The last 8 days I haven't had one. I did have a headache for the first couple of days, but not anymore. I now drink water and a lot of it. I go through about a gallon a day, but I don't crave a soda. Everyone around me will drink it, but I just keep with my water.