Quit drinking pepsi

Options
2»

Replies

• Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Try adding whiskey to the pepsi and then slowly reducing the amount of pepsi you pour into the glass.

That's how I got off pepsi.

Sage advice!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Try adding whiskey to the pepsi and then slowly reducing the amount of pepsi you pour into the glass.

Sage advice!
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm good thanks :D
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

I just spit macallan on my keyboard!!
  • AshlyBolen1987
    Options
    I just quit drinking it all together. I literally havent had anything carbonated for almost a week now. I thought it would be hard, but it really isn't :)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Almost 2 years ago, and six months before I started trying to turn my health around here, I was drinking 4-5 16 oz bottle of Coke or Pepsi per day. It finally hit me how that was too much. I cut it down to 2-3. Then when I was a month into this, I decided to stop it for a while and see how it goes. I didn't intend to give it up, but as time went by, I just didn't want it. Two times it was hard were during a trip to NYC during a heat wave and ironically at a resort/spa I go to where I'd always have one with lunch and dinner. I managed not to, then decided to continue for a year. That was the end of February. At that time I stopped the Diet Sprite I had switched to as well - mostly because of reading a lot about aspartame. Now I get flavored seltzers with just carbonation and flavoring. I also have a Soda Stream and use a natural flavoring as well, or an ounce of juice. I do the carbonated drinks at dinner. I stick with water but at dinner it just feels like I want carbonation.

It's not easy but it's doable. I'm not sure if I'll ever grab a Coke or Pepsi again, but right now I just don't want it. Good luck with this. :drinker:
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I had been drinking 5-6 cans of diet pepsi for the last 25 years. I am down to 1 can a day finally, but can't get over the hump to go a day without one. It 's a huge improvement and my food cravings have subsided, but I still crave the carbonation. I've tried carbonated water and stuff but ick... I start to get a bit stressed out when I have a second DP the odd day, and hate myself for it, I don't want to fall back into that habit again. I would like to only enjoy one occasionally with a dinner out or something, that's my ultimate goal.
  • ThatSweetGamer
    Options
    Sprite Zero has 0 Calories and tastes almost like a regular Sprite.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Pop was the hardest thing for me to quit too, but I had a SERIOUS problem with it.
    I grew up drinking it. I remember drinking it out of a sippy cup, seriously. I learned how to take the lids off of those cups BECAUSE of pop. The sippy part made the pop all foamy, and i didn't like it.

BUT, as for quitting. I quit entirely on my own, with no support, nobody backing me up. And a Mother who kept trying to push it back down my throat. I drank 1-2 2liters a DAY. I started trying to quit pop roughly 3ish years ago. I tried and failed for about two years, before quitting for good little over a year ago. And now that I'm over the caffeine addiction part of it, I don't like it anymore. At all. I hate the taste of regular pop, an it instantly makes my mouth feel absolutely disgusting and slimy.
    I still have a small diet pepsi on our shopping trips though, (But that's only 3 days a month.)

PS - Holy crap did the weight come off. I dropped 30 lbs so fast! XD But, it came back. Doctor said it was because of my sugar levels, I've always had fairly severe Hypoglycemia and I used pepsi like a crutch. Though now I've stopped drinking it, my sugar levels are much more stable and controllable.
  • deana2828
    deana2828 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem and cola is a trigger food. It just goes so well with crisp and then what goes well with crips - chocolate! Cola also doesnt make me feel like healthy foods as you can't taste them. Cola and fruit? No thanks! I did give up once for a year and found it easier then expected. Drinking coke then tasted too sugary and dry but it crept back in. I need to give up again and I know apart from the headaches its all psychological. We can do it!
  • ultrafishboy
    ultrafishboy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I quit soda 1/1/14 cold turkey. Never thought I would give up my caffeine-free diet coke. Really had no desire to give it up. Then, I took a look at how much I was spending on diet coke and coffee (regular). I also didn't like having to have it and wondered if I could give it up. These two reasons and reading about diet soda effects and the benefits of giving it up (possible weight loss) challenged and motivated me to get it done. I also am a recently diagnosed acid reflux sufferer. Another reason to give it up. The nausea associated with acid reflux was obnoxious! However, I decided it might not be best to give up pop and coffee at the same time. Have had no pop since 12/31/13 and am down to 1 cup of coffee a day. Have only had a couple cravings for pop. It's been easier than I though it would be. You can do it. Be determined.
  • b3st
    b3st Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You're not the boss of me.

I'm taking the challenge.
  • ccodispot
    Options
    I have a difficult time with diet pepsi. After I had surgery, I did quit drinking it for a few months. I wish I would never had taken that first drink-i sound like an alcoholic but ths t is exactly what pepsi is y o be. An addiction!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I prefer coke anyway....
  • pangy1958
    pangy1958 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I gave up drinking Pepsi and coke a cola a year ago, and have to admit I still crave it, but I know if I had one it would lead to another then another, its an addiction but so far haven't given in. I do drink ginger beer and dandilion and burdock they have no caffine in them and drink loads of water.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I prefer coke anyway....
    I recently discovered dr pepper cherry diet. Im ashamed in myself going years with out it
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You got this I used to drink mountain dew three or more a day , once I began my journey I just stopped buying it , if it wasn't in the house I wasn't gonna drink it ....also quit putting sugar in my coffee...mind over matter !! You got this ! I do however have a small glass at parties or something .
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I went cold turkey on all sodas over a year ago. It was the best decision I ever made. I feel tons better and don't miss the drinks at all. The headaches were a bit overwhelming at first, but it didn't take long for them to go away. I used to get really bad heart burn from the carbonation, and now I rarely get it...only when I eat too much bread. Giving up soda is a challenge, but it's a challenge worth taking on.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I been trying for weeks in quitting pepsi for water, I know there's other nearly zero calories drink out there, but compare to pepsi, it's just too expensive, and when I don't drink pepsi, I would drink about 25 cups of green tea per day, it's crazy but drinking too much green tea fulfills my caffeine needs.