Apple Cider Vinegar & weightloss???????

Options
124»

Replies

• MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    For the people who are saying apple cider vinegar for weight loss is a scam... no.
    I take a shot of it before every meal, and I've noticed my metabolism is faster, I feel full faster, so I eat less, and I've lost 140 pounds since March. However, I've also changed the way I eat, and I walk at least 10 miles a week.

Okay, I know this thread is old, but I'll chime in a little

"I've also changed the way I eat and I walk at least 10 miles a week." <--- this is why you lost 140 pounds

Apple cider vinegar had nothing do with it. It does not make your metabolism faster. You made your metabolism work better for you by eating better and working out regularly.

It MAY curb your appetite. And if it helps you feel satisified when you eat, that's fine. If you like it, go ahead. But if you DO NOT like it, do not force yourself to drink this stuff.

The vinegar taste probably helps curb the appetite, but it is not an elixir of weight loss or metabolism boosting. Drinking vinegar is straight up nasty to my taste. I enjoy vinegar with food and I love mustard, but a mouthful of it alone? bleh! Some people just toss it in their water bottles and drink it like that. I wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good bottle of water. :P

If there are folks here who can hang and they like it, good for them, ya know? But, I can 100% promise that taking a shot of vinegar is NOT going to help you lose weight IF you are not creating a calorie deficit. You can drink a bottle of vinegar (eww!) but if you don't work out and you eat over your daily caloric need regularly, you're not going to lose weight.

I saw Garcinia Cambogia on Dr. Oz too, as many people saw Apple Cider Vinegar touted there, and honestly, 1 -- 500 mg capsule of Garcinia Cambogia does help curb my appetite. Especially if I'm having a "I feel hungry all day" kinda day. But it does not speed my metabolism or burn fat all by itself, neither does vinegar. The most I can say for it is: it helps me stay in my caloric goal range, if that makes sense. But, I think it's a crutch, and I hope when I'm used to eating less, I won't take it at all and save some money.

The answer isn't magic. It's math.
  • jennyglvr
    Options
    Fresh and easy carries it. I paid $ 3.49 for a 16 oz bottle
  • jennyglvr
    Options
    I take a pill called thermofit and it harnesses the power of hot peppers to help speed up your metabolism. I have lost 78 pounds in 7 months and I feel amazing. I get it from this web address https://revealme.myitworks.com and I hope this helps :) These are all natural and by no way do they substitute for a proper diet and exercise so take it for what its worth. I have had amazing results though. I also want added the apple cider vinegar as well.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Absolute nonsense! Only thing it's proven to be good for is taste (if you like it).

That said, I did have some success washing my hair with it once. Made it really shiny.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I know is stuff is really popular to replace regular vinegar in recipes so food has a sweeter taste. It good to use in vinegar coleslaw recipes.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I take a pill called thermofit and it harnesses the power of hot peppers to help speed up your metabolism. I have lost 78 pounds in 7 months and I feel amazing. I get it from this web address https://revealme.myitworks.com and I hope this helps :) These are all natural and by no way do they substitute for a proper diet and exercise so take it for what its worth. I have had amazing results though. I also want added the apple cider vinegar as well.

I would rather eat the pepper since I grow my own. Plus they are organic and perfect to use to make coworkers cry. I warned them but they didn't believe me.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I like the Bragg's brand. I've read in multiple places that it has multiple benefits, especially the "mother" (that's the leftover apple that floats in it. Only criticism I heard was one person brought up that it was so acidic that drinking "too much" can be hurtful to your esophagus, but failed to mention how much is too much. I tried a week long mix of a small pour of Braggs unfiltered apple cider vinegar, a table spoon of baking soda, about 15 oz water, and about 5 oz organic apple juice. and drank throughout the morning. The baking soda has multiple cleansing properties and was a suggestion to reduce the acidity of the vinegar. I would say it was a pleasant experience! My cousin uses it when she feels a cold coming on, she adds a little to her hot tea. I don't know about the weight loss/diet suppressant part but I do believe people have had positive experience with it for general health.

I'd be a bit cautious on the use of baking soda. I know older folks use it sometimes for acidic stomachs, but baking soda is easily absorbed by the body and can actually change your body's PH factor which can be very serious. Now I'm not sure how MUCH baking soda has to be use to caused this or if takes a long period of time of using baking soda to cause the effect. But I thought I would throw out a word of caution.

2s5xpgm.jpg
  • jakethepurplesnake
    Options
    Hi Pinkita~
    I freaked out the other night and hit the PB also! Thanks for the post, it's nice to know I am not the only one!!
    Great job on your progress BTW! I just joined yesterday
  • Workinonit123
    Workinonit123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For those who do "research" they sure do a sh*tty job of it.

This.