Cake = My kryptonite

Options
It's my brother's 16th birthday today which means a ton of cake has been laying in the kitchen, 3 humongous cakes to be exact (Red velvet and 2 vanilla)!!!!!!!

I said to myself at the beginning of the day that I would leave room in my calories for some cake but I went WILD after my first piece....literally!

I don't know what it is about cake but I just cant stop once I've had a taste, I have eaten large cakes by myself in the past (oh, the shame!!!).

I had budgeted 500kcals for some cake but ended up eating 2000kcals....Oh god I feel so awful. The worst part is there is still so much downstairs and I'm still so tempted. What is wrong with me??!

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Get it out of the house and average the extra calories over the week and it won't look so bad. (It really isn't that bad if that's the only slip you made over a week, month......)

PS. I understand your cake issue.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Get it out of the house and average the extra calories over the week and it won't look so bad. (It really isn't that bad if that's the only slip you made over a week, month......)

PS. I understand your cake issue.

I totally agree. I am a birthday cake fiend myself, ESPECIALLY red velvet. If I want it, I get it in small portions, otherwise I will go crazy too. Either throw it out or share the love. Give big slices to friends, other family that don't live in the house, neighbors. Anything to get most of it out of the house.
  • whitelung18
    Options
    Is there any way you can freeze some of the remaining cake for later? If you enjoy it a lot, maybe portion small amounts out that you can thaw as daily/weekly desserts? That was you can get your treat in without feeling too deprived and you won't have to stress out about overeating the sugar.
  • tooffairy
    tooffairy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Or donuts!!! It KILLS me! Stay strong! LOL!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    The icing is my downfall.
  • chuck311
    chuck311 Posts: 5
    Options
    Is there any way you can freeze some of the remaining cake for later? If you enjoy it a lot, maybe portion small amounts out that you can thaw as daily/weekly desserts? That was you can get your treat in without feeling too deprived and you won't have to stress out about overeating the sugar.

Yes, I think I shall have to do that for some of the other cake. When you thaw it out does it not taste weird? (I don't think I've ever eaten frozen cake before)
    The icing is my downfall.

I knowwwwww, mine too!!!, its weird though I dont like icing on its own and I dont like the cake itself on its own....It needs to be that perfect combo with a little more icing than the cake...Haha... I'm weird!
  • luckysb216
    Options
    Cake tastes just as good when it's thawed out! Cake is my downfall too. I crave it so bad sometimes. I wish there was a low calorie alternative that tasted delicious. I could easily devour way too much cake!!!