Replies

• AngJac77
    AngJac77 Posts: 37
    Options
    lol I like your little now big buddy hahah
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ok now that's funny. I haven't seen anyone dig Tony other than he's crazy and has goofy jokes. I like him. His system has worked for me.

I think I still like P90X the best. I go back to it from time to time. I really like the original Back and Legs. 60 minutes of pull/chin/push/ups and squats/lunges/raises. All in one session. It's about the most brutal routine for me. Followed by Ab Ripper it makes for quite the workout.

I'm struggling with 30 minutes in X3. It doesn't seem like enough. I know he uses compound moves more now. I've started doubling some days because it just feels like i short changed myself. Then again I'm probably as crazy as he is...
  • AngJac77
    Options
    I was only into P90X for about a week when I crashed , but I had already been incorporating kenpox, cardiox and stretch with my 5 & 6. I did do synergistics and dynamix in one shot. Dynamix is nothing though and I soooo needed the stretch .....Maybe coldstart,30 min workout and then one of the ab rippers...I would have to start with P90's ab ripper.

So you must be pretty ripped , pull/chin/pushups HARD!! This is the first I have had to do pull/chinups with Tony's workouts. When I was a teen I could do them, I cant now. I used the total gym to do on level 3 I managed 7-10 thruout for the challenge. I like the challenge the best so far though. I felt it all week lol.

Yes you probably are a little crazy, You sure your not hearing any who's :)
    I dig Tony, I never mute him lol
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a an over the door chin/pull up bar too. It doubles as a ab and push up device but I don't use it for that. I will use push up stands just to give my wrists a break or just use dumbells as stands. I can't do 100 chin/pull/and other ups he has and do 10 reps of everything in the whole routine without help. I use a pull up assist band and adjust as low as possible for the least help so I fail as I get closer to 10 reps. Without assist there is no way I'm doing 100+ in an hour and all those push ups too!

I'm fairly well cut in my back, shoulders, hams, calves, and glutes. Would like more in my arms and cut off that layer of belly fat that hides my abs. I'm pretty sure under that layer of fat are some decent abs. I do Ab Ripper from X1, X2, or X3. Twice a week. Mixing them up seems to help cause a good burn. X3 has a very good ripper since it is heavily based on core and abs.

His original stretch in P90X is nice. I like that but it's an hour. Haven't tried Dynamix yet. I watched the video but I made up my own stretch routine based on where I get tight and have pain. It's a mix of his stuff and some standard stuff found elsewhere.

For any of you new to pull/chin ups. You may feel they are evil, but they aren't. Get an assist band for them then adjust the tension and get a spotter to help you start. Once you can get through 1-3. You can go on your own. Then adjust the tension lower on the assist band until you're on your own.
  • bremca28
    bremca28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i am also looking for p90x3 friends :) feel free to add me also!
  • raythrasher
    raythrasher Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Monday April 7. Feel free to add me.
  • AngJac77
    Options
    I am starting on Monday April 7. Feel free to add me.

Hi Welcome, I am just finishing up week 2