• Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Has no one suggested ratatouille because it is hard to spell? :tongue:

Love it! Also like making the "chips" by slicing it into rounds like the PP suggested. Need to try it with the balsamic reduction!

Man, I can't wait for summer!
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love eggplant!!! A couple of my favorites are roasted eggplant pizza with caramelized onions. Roasted eggplant sammiches with goat cheese onions basil.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Stirfry!

Some lamb sliced thinly
    Eggplant (sliced into thin fingers)
    Kai Lan (or broccoli)
    Garlic, Ginger, Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil

Stir fry the lamb and eggplant in some Olive Oil until the Eggplant is almost ready then add garlic and ginger and stir fry until aromatic. Toss in the Kai Lan for about a minute then add Soy Sauce at the end with a dash of Sesame Oil.

This takes only a few minutes and is delicious!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Great ideas thanks!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    bump
  • myfrogs11
    myfrogs11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I added eggplant to my roasted veggies last night. Drizzled balsamic over while cooking, added some red wine at the end. Super yummy! I also love it with chinese food sauces (with or without meat). Cooked into your spaghetti sauce. It's "meaty" and delicious! Breaded and baked dipped in marinara sauce.
  • NomNomMom
    NomNomMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    grilled with just a mist of olive oil and garlic powder.
  • Health_Temple
    Options
    I am using it as the pizza crust for mini pizzas tonight
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Gordon Ramsey does a great simple roasted eggplant dip on you tube
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I cube it, marinate in half soy sauce & half italian dressing, then roast for ~30 min at 425. quick, easy & delish!

To make it a complete meal, I add cubed tempeh to the marinade too and cook it all together. The leftovers are amazing for lunch!
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i LOVE eggplant we probably eat it couple times a month.
    my favorite ways are the traditional eggplant parm or lasagne or rollatini.

quick ways, is it grill it (or sauté in a skillet, i use misto olive oil spray) and then put it on a panini so its the "meat" of a panini.
    i also make pizzas with it as like a snack. in a toaster or conventional oven. in 425 degrees slice eggplant in disks spray with misto olive oil, S&P. roast for about 5 minutes. flip them over top with like 1 tbsp of tomato sauce and 1 tbsp of REAL cheese like a mozzarella and parmesan combo. pop back in oven until melted and bubbly. Delish! (i do this with zucchini as well so good!)
    Alidi's have eggplant at such a reasonable price, but never had it but fried. Now I'm going to buy a small one and try this next week!
  • autoee
    autoee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Roasted mediterranean Vegetables, its the dish that got me a third date with my wife.