Losing weight the right way...

Options
2»

Replies

• _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, definitely continue to incorporate things you like! I just personally didn't realize how many calories were in some of the things I thought of as "normal" food. My boyfriend and I used to split what I thought was a normal sized frozen pizza for dinner- two decent sized slices per person came out to 900 calories- yikes! I love pizza, but I am almost as happy with my new version- a thin crust, small version that is 350 cals for 2 smaller pieces. I'll have that with a big veggie salad and I clock in at around 450 cals- 1/2 of what I was eating previously. I know I had a warped perception of what was a "normal" amount of food and style of eating- I have only been doing this for 13 days and I have learned so much about portion control and caloric content. But of course, I still eat some ice cream or chocolate most days- just much less!
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm quite young (minor) and I lost 10lbs last year. I plan to lose about 260 or so (I want. I am 360 and yeah... Sigh)

But the thing is.. I may have an eating disorder. I'm pretty sure I do actually. And so I either restrict pretty far/don't eat... Or binge.
    It sucks because I really want to be healthy. I love in an upstairs apartment and I am homeschooled. I have no way of getting to a gym, but, I may be able to walk outside some days out of the week. I really need help, I want to lose as much weight as possible within a month, just to jump things off. Any advice on what I should do? I want to workout at home for about 2 hours a day 5 days a week. But, I have no idea of what to do. I plan to eat about 1000-1200 calories while doing so. (I know it's not enough blah blah. Please, don't comment on it. I am not some 12 year old twig that does sport.)

I would really like to be maybe in the 200's by December. I need suggestions on exercising. Not really food. (We're on an extremely tight budget.) what exercises would you guys recommend that I could break up and do throughout the day? Sorry if this is again guidelines or something. I honestly don't know how to properly use forums :3 I never have. I really do need help, though.

My best suggestion in start slow and log your progress. Turn on the radio and dance. Yes step side to side, put your hands in the air and MOVE! Add some knee raises add some lunges. Do as many reps and sets as you can and then add to that amount every week. It is free and it is fun. I heard Richard Simmons has some good DVD'you can get later on. Good luck!
  • lex113311
    Options
    For the record, I'm 6'3" tall. Current weight is about 285 and my lowest adult weight was around 195. I would love to be about 200-210.

My knees are killing me!
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I really like the philosophy of this post and the fact that people have testimonials of it's success! This is kind of what I wanted to incorporate into my life. Just today I had a cookie but it was well within my counts. Is that sort of thing okay?
  • socialdchic
    socialdchic Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues, I cant eat some of that stuff but I have found after digging DEEP some healthy, still tasty foods and recipes :) they are out there as well but I have friends who just stay on their calories.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

I'd like to truly change my life and eating habits to be realistic. A few slices of people occasionally, a cheeseburger every now and then, etc.

You eat a few slices of people?
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want as long as I meet my protein requirement. The fat and carbs take care of themselves after that.
  • Fairlieboy
    Fairlieboy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just a followup note.
    I looked at Jacquiearchambault's diary, and my suggestion is to do what RaggedyPond is doing. Focus on getting the protein up. If you do that, by simple replacement, your simple carbs go down. I advise my friends to drop the bread, drop the eggwhites for the whole egg, drop the fat free for the full natural fat. Even eat pizza (but watch the portion control on that!)

Why - because then they eat less.
    One of the reasons the 5:2 diet is actually a pretty good option, is that it helps to get the average for a week down and you only count calories on 2 days. (apart from the health benefits from reduced calories).
    The worst thing about diets is the most eating disorders result from diets!
    There is a great book by George Blair-West Weight Loss for Food Lovers. He is a doctor and a psychotherapist and reckons the reason diets fail is that people try to do it on willpower. Willpower is good for sitting exams, or a couple of days or even weeks. But not long term. That requires changes in habits. He has some great simple strategies.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave this here... :drinker:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I really like the philosophy of this post and the fact that people have testimonials of it's success! This is kind of what I wanted to incorporate into my life. Just today I had a cookie but it was well within my counts. Is that sort of thing okay?
    Eat "healthy" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats (like a cookie) into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've lost eating what I like not what other people say I should. I make sure I stay within my calorie goal and I hit my macros as a weekly average. I don't worry about hitting them perfectly every day. Figure out what works for you and what is SUSTAINABLE. Do that and you will succeed.