Hi I am new at this. How do people like it.

Options
Hi, I am looking to compare this program and how people are finding it helpful. Are you losing the weight you want.

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Love it.
  • Amberw00
    Amberw00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Only been using it for 2 weeks, but so far I like it a lot. It keeps me really thinking about what I am eating and it keeps me focused on my personal goals.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to MFP! I lost 30 pounds and have maintained the loss for a couple years using this website/mobile phone app. I did indeed lose the weight I wanted and kept it off. It really is as easy as inputting your info into MFP (activity level, age, etc.) then eating the amount of calories it tells you. The big key here is to accurately log your food. Most of us, especially when first starting out, are not great at eyeballing measurements. Food scales are an awesome tool and you can get digital ones fairly cheap. Also, the recipe tool on the website is great for calculating calories in your homemade meals.

It can be overwhelming at first but it gets much easier as the weeks go on and your motivation will soar as you lose the weight. You can make this happen as long as you have chosen to really commit to this and lose weight.
  • DeniseR79
    DeniseR79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love it!! When I started I wasn't sure how this was going to help....I was doing fine on my own right??? Wrong!! I realized just how many empty calories I was eating and just how little I was really working out. I started out alone and slowly made a little progress but without friends to support and keep motivated slid back into old habits. Then I reached out and made some new friends in the community. I'm on my 50th day in a row and down 32 pounds. I look forward to seeing what my friends are doing and chatting about. I love putting my foods in and realizing I made good choices. I challenge myself each day to add minutes to my workouts and try new things. It may not be for everyone but for me this site and the community has been priceless.:smile:
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!!! It keeps me accountable! I love how much better I feel now!
  • FrankyBabes
    FrankyBabes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm personally a big fan of it, but like any tool it only works as well as you use it. Just got to be honest in what you're logging and what information you're putting in.

Equally, I don't think you're gonna find a lot of people on here who aren't fans - it would be odd if the people who didn't like it still hung out on the message boards.
  • tattsb4u
    tattsb4u Posts: 30
    Options
    I personally love it. I have logged in for 15 days now and lost nearly 5 pounds. I am trying to learn from others.....and learn a healthy way of losing weight. I am viewing this as a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. If you would like some additional support please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    When I continued for 4 months and did what ever MFP want me to do, I lost 16 Kg, as exactly was estimated to me by MFP,
  • jaebm
    jaebm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am new too but have been doing this for 5 days and love it! It has kept me honest and m
  • jaebm
    jaebm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oops and motivated :) feel free to friend me people and let's encourage one an
  • bren052172
    Options
    I am new also. Just started using this two days ago. It is very interesting so far. I think it will help me personally accomplish my goal. So much info I was not aware of. Love the Bar Code Scanner. Good luck to everyone! :happy: :happy:
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am looking to compare this program and how people are finding it helpful. Are you losing the weight you want.

There are lots of programs here by which people lose weight, but MFP offers an environment and platform to track progress. It really is cool. I dropped my weight with one-meal-a-day. Find what works for you and get with it! This site makes it fun!
  • jonralfs
    jonralfs Posts: 2
    Options
    I joined last year but lost my way. However I came back in January and have lost 24lb so far. It's brilliant but, as everyone says be honest with your diary.:smile:
  • orchard_christy
    Options
    Love it !!!! I like that I can do it from my phone as I go
  • Minouche1922
    Minouche1922 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love it. I have been doing if for 4 days now and feel inspired by all the posts. It is free too, i used to pay €15 a month in the UK for an inferior service. Love the way the website is set up.
  • msT96
    msT96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP on March 28th. I simple love it!! I've already lost 2 pounds - I was surprised at that. I'm a type 2 diabetic & love the fact that I can use MFP on my iPad & smart phone as well as my computer. I really have no excuse for not recording what I eat & how much because it's right there with me at all times. I've also found friends who are using MFP that I didn't even know we're using it. Before finding & starting MFP, I rarely payed attention to what I was eating - it's nutritional facts - or how much I was eating. I also appreciate the fact that there are different forums you can participate in & that (so far) everyone has been encouraging, friendly, & welcoming. This has been a real eye opener & am so very glad I found it!!
    :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Love it. and is also free.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,423 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since August of 2010. It helped me lose the weight and keep it off until I had some major life stressors where I ate back 15 of the 23 lbs I had lost. I used it the whole time I was in maintenance and am using it aging to lose. I love that it's free, the forums are very informative (you might need a thick skin though) and it's portable so there is no excuse to not log your food. Good luck and welcome!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    the place is great.. i love the interaction i have with people and hearing about their successes and and defeats.. my FL is a supportive bunch whether its through comments or just the thumbs up. I appreciate them.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love this site!!! It really is eye opening to be able to log your food and see exactly how many calories you are putting in your body! I also love the community of people here... have met some really wonderful people!