New Year...New Challenge! 40lbs by June 1st. Who's In?

Options

Replies

• whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • daisyjane61
    Options
    Add me! I had enough and ready to start a new plan I've been thinking about doing. I have about 100lbs but maybe 40lbs by june would be great.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Ok so here are a few of the details of the challenge that I have been thinking about:

Name: Snowflakes to Sunshine 40lb Challenge

Start Date: January 1st, 2011

Group join deadline: December 28th, 2010 (This will give me time to get everyone's name and create a sort of chart for weekly progress)

Weigh-In Day: Friday mornings (Please let me know if this is ok) I picked this day because its right before the weekend, and for some reason Mondays can be hard because over the weekend is when people tend to slip a little.

The goal of the group is to motivate each other, keep each other accountable and share ideas and successes. With that being said, if there is someone that does not check-in to the group for two straight weeks...their name will be deleted from the chart. I hate to do this, but like I said before...in order for this to work, EVERYONE has to be on board and accountable.

I also thought it would be great to check in to the board each day to share something like a new workout that you did, a tasty recipe, if you are struggling with something. This is just to ensure that you get the support you need; because as we know, weight loss is a DAILY struggle.

Please let me know if you guys have anything to add to this! Can't wait!
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can live with Friday weigh-ins....
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm new to MFP and a challenge would totally help me focus. Motivation and suport would be nice, too. :smile: Forty down would get me to my goal!!! -- V
  • bvgould
    Options
    I'm in. Started in APR.2010 @238lbs.
    12/10 Present weight @ 196lbs.
    GW 155lbs by June 2011.

I'M Definitely IN.

Good Luck and Good Eating!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am 100% extremely in.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot my stats. Highest weight= 242
    Originally started MFP =234 but got down to= 208
    Took a break and have been back for almost two weeks. Started back at =226.6 and as of this morning =221.6

CW=221.6
    GW for June=181.6

(Final GW=130)
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic goal. It will be hard but I am ready to try. Count me in.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Sounds great! I don't really have a consistent weigh in day but maybe I should start. I usually do mondays because it makes me be good over the weekend! but friday is good too :)
  • rula39
    rula39 Posts: 26
    Options
    Ok Guys I am in!!!!!
  • rula39
    rula39 Posts: 26
    Options
    Yes Friday is a good day to weigh in. I am very excited about this :-)
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! Need something to get me back on track and motivated. Haven't made a whole lot of progress lately!
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love the name! Too cute... and Fridays should be a good day to weigh in. I like the before the weekend thing!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Ok so here are a few of the details of the challenge that I have been thinking about:

Name: Snowflakes to Sunshine 40lb Challenge

Start Date: January 1st, 2011

Group join deadline: December 28th, 2010 (This will give me time to get everyone's name and create a sort of chart for weekly progress)

Weigh-In Day: Friday mornings (Please let me know if this is ok) I picked this day because its right before the weekend, and for some reason Mondays can be hard because over the weekend is when people tend to slip a little.

The goal of the group is to motivate each other, keep each other accountable and share ideas and successes. With that being said, if there is someone that does not check-in to the group for two straight weeks...their name will be deleted from the chart. I hate to do this, but like I said before...in order for this to work, EVERYONE has to be on board and accountable.

I also thought it would be great to check in to the board each day to share something like a new workout that you did, a tasty recipe, if you are struggling with something. This is just to ensure that you get the support you need; because as we know, weight loss is a DAILY struggle.

Please let me know if you guys have anything to add to this! Can't wait!

Fridays work for me, that is the day I check in anyways.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    so I just moved from California to Massachusetts, so I got rid of a few things along the way like my old SCALE, so first thing to do is go out and get a scale....maybe a digital one this time. Last time I weighed in I was 245 ..soooo I hope I am not over that because I have not been so good..it would be amazing if I can get back down to 200 pounds I am so excited!!!!!

Andrea

P.S. If anyone goes on aim you can contact me andreasoulcastle, don't be shy now.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
    40 lbs in 5 months. 8lbs/month. 2lbs/week.
  • DarcysLosingIt
    DarcysLosingIt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am in. I would also like others in the challenge, to please friend me. I am new and need LOTS of support.
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am definitely up for the challenge!! You can count me in!!! =):happy:
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Count Me In!!! :drinker: Cheers For a NEW LIFE & A NEW YEAR!! Please Add ME !!! I'm Ready this Time :wink: