Haggis

Options
Can anyone tell me the calories for haggis.

Thanks

Pamela xxx

Replies

• cherryb
    cherryb Posts: 10
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the calories for haggis.

Thanks

Pamela xxx
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    If you've got guts enough to eat it, then calories shouldn't matter! :tongue:

Seriously though--I think it would vary widely depending upon recipe used. But here's one site's numbers

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 100g
    Amount per Serving
    Calories 225 Calories from Fat 35
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 13.7g 21%
    Saturated Fat 5.6g 28%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 15.8g 5%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Protein 9.77g 20%
  • dachinababe
    Options
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    :laugh: If you've got the guts to eat it :laugh: That was funny Shorerider!!!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Okay...what is a haggi? Sounds too much like a luggi....ick Ü
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Sheep's stomach stuffed with various ingredients.

from wiki--

Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish.

There are many recipes, most of which have in common the following ingredients: sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I might try Haggis Throwing but I don't think I'm brave enough to eat it. lol
  • MumOfADuo
    Options

from wiki--

There are many recipes, most of which have in common the following ingredients: sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours.

Maybe I shouldnt have asked.....thanks I think. :flowerforyou: :sick:
  • MontanaGirl
    Options

from wiki--

Like I always say - never as a question unless your sure you want the answer!!! lol
  • MumOfADuo
    Options

from wiki--

Like I always say - never as a question unless your sure you want the answer!!! lol

Good point Montana Girl....on a side note, my hubby was born in montana...I LOVE it there and would LOVE to own a ranch there!! We are in So Cal and I HATE it here Ü
  • MontanaGirl
    Options

from wiki--

Good point Montana Girl....on a side note, my hubby was born in montana...I LOVE it there and would LOVE to own a ranch there!! We are in So Cal and I HATE it here Ü

I've been all over the states, except for the north east, and I came back home to Montana 10 years ago. I probably would never want to live anywhere else - but love to travel and visit places! Where in MT was he born?
  • MumOfADuo
    Options

from wiki--

I've been all over the states, except for the north east, and I came back home to Montana 10 years ago. I probably would never want to live anywhere else - but love to travel and visit places! Where in MT was he born?

I was born and raised in Washington State, moved to So Cal in 1982 to finish college, met my hubby in 83, married in 85 and the rest is history....my family all still lives in Washington. Hubby was born in a TINY town called Baker...I think its on the very southeast border? Might be southwest?
  • MontanaGirl
    Options

from wiki--

I was born and raised in Washington State, moved to So Cal in 1982 to finish college, met my hubby in 83, married in 85 and the rest is history....my family all still lives in Washington. Hubby was born in a TINY town called Baker...I think its on the very southeast border? Might be southwest?

Yeah - I know the town. Just couldn't tell you where it is at the moment!! LOL I like Washington state too - pretty up there!
  • MumOfADuo
    Options

from wiki--

Yeah - I know the town. Just couldn't tell you where it is at the moment!! LOL I like Washington state too - pretty up there!

Near North/South Dakota so I am thinking on the southeast corner :laugh: I miss Washington...VERY pretty, but when I moved from there I was young and HATED the rain...now I know that the rain is what makes it so pretty....
  • MontanaGirl
    Options

from wiki--

Near North/South Dakota so I am thinking on the southeast corner :laugh: I miss Washington...VERY pretty, but when I moved from there I was young and HATED the rain...now I know that the rain is what makes it so pretty....

Yeah - the lessons we learn as we grow up!!! lol - well I'm signing off for the day -dh will be here soon to pick me up and we're going to work up at the ranch this weekend. Have a good one!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Where did all the guys in kilts go when you need them?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

lmbo!!!:laugh: .........well we have one in the pit....and the other is out for his "visits" w/ his sweetie....he's due back soon though LOL
  • littlebird
    Options
    no offense, but that sounds like the PERFECT diet food to me!! :sick:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

Right here girls! Taaaaaaaaa Daaaaaaaa! Here I come to save the day! And unless you've tried haggis, you can't knock it. These days it has a casing much like a sausage, no longer sheep's tummy. So get over the gross out factor, there isn't any. And it is quite tasty as well! But to address the original question (not that anyone in here would *ever* digress) it all depends on the specific recipie you use. Ask the local Scottish Bakery to your house, and also ask them for a nibble, you will be amazed! Hey, it helps keep our kilts up lassie!