Does anyone have Wii Fit Plus and EA Active for Wii?

Options
Or have you tried both? Which do you prefer and why? Would love info on both :smile: Hubby is starting to ask what I want for Christmas :laugh: I also know that EA Active has a new one coming out or just came out? Anyone know anything about that? Thanks!!! OR does anyone have Zumba for Wii yet?

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i have both.

Wii fit is boring in my opinion - i dont feel you work up a sweat enough for it to do any good if you are already quite an active person.

EA active on the otherhand is brilliant. I have the first two and wow it works! be prepared to feel the burn for the first few times of using it though!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit, Wi fit plus, EA Active, EA More Active and I like them all. The Wii fit is very basic but fun. The fit plus is nice because it estimates calories burned for your workout and has all of the games of the original plus some new ones that are a blast! EA Active and More Active are both good and definitely a step up in activity from the Wii. I find it is more of a workout and a better calorie burn. It doesn't estimate calories, so if you want to know, you need to wear a HRM.

Overall, Wii for starting out and getting motivated and moving, EA Active for a midrange burn and to prepare you for more intense workouts later.
  • scmajm22
    scmajm22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have tried both and I bought EA active, I LOVE IT. Great workout. Love that you can customize your won routine, this way you only pick activities you like and you wont get bored. Wii sports resort is a neat way to burn some calories too.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    i have both.

Wii fit is boring in my opinion - i dont feel you work up a sweat enough for it to do any good if you are already quite an active person.

EA active on the otherhand is brilliant. I have the first two and wow it works! be prepared to feel the burn for the first few times of using it though!

I agree with this - I've not tried the new ea active but if its anything like the first one it'll be good, you can feel the burn the morning after the first session! I sold my wii fit and board as it was so slow and boring - I have the family trainer for my two girls and I find that harder!

I'm interested in the zumba for the wii - what is that.
  • amberchristi
    Options
    i have both.

I agree for the most part -- However, I regularly use both because I've noticed that the EA Active is GREAT for cardio, but I find it difficult to really target certain muscle groups with the exercises available - so I use the Wii Fit Plus for some of the yoga poses and strength exercises.... and the Wii Fit Plus is something that gets my stepkids off the couch - so that's a MAJOR plus.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    EA active targets all areas. You get a resistance band for your arms and the More Workouts (the second one) is great because its got specific routines for abs. Id love to see how the new one works with the heart rate monitor but i wont be buying it... ive got a gym membership now and find that a million times better for weights and cardio :)
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit, EA active and EA active More Workout. I love wii active and More Workout. I get bored easily and doing the 6wk challenge does a good job of switching up the workouts so I keep having fun. Also you can still customize the challenge workouts like I do since certain exercises are harder on my knees. I prefer Wii Active More workouts since it puts you in an island setting and includes ab exercises. Some one said it doesn't estimate you calories. Not sure what they meant by that since both EA Active games show you exactly how many calories your burning in real time and give you a summary at the end of the workout. That's one of the reasons you wear the leg strap.Someone said they compared it to a HRM they wore at the same time and it was pretty accurate. I use the Wii fit just to be active on the weekends and with my kids. I think when I reach my goal, i might use it more to maintain. I haven't tried the new EA active, but it looks like it kicks it up another notch. Not sure I'll like wearing more straps though.

BTW if you get either of the EAs, you may need to invest in some resistance band since the ones that come with the game don't offer very much resistance. Hope this helps.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    i have both.

Ditto. I have switched out my resistance band and wear ankle and wrist weights while doing it. But works great when I don't want something too intense, don't have a lot of time, or the kids want to join me.
  • GDrazenovich
    Options
    I much prefer EA. The workouts are more intense. The only problem I have is that the machine doesn't always work with the controller and attachment - I find I always have to be adjusting the the thing you put in the leg strap.

But you can work out intensely and lots of different levels.

As you progress, you can continue the exercises on your own and use dumbells like for example holding dumbells when doing lunges or squats and with the tricep kickback and curls.

All in all I prefer EA
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great info everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • asyia74
    asyia74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So how would I go about adding the EA Active to my exercise information? I am getting it for Christmas and would like to start using it asap, but I noticed it is not in the exercise database - just a bunch of Wii Fit there. Anyone know the information to add it in?