Women...What is the perfect way to be purposed to?

Options
bigbarnold
bigbarnold Posts: 2,554 Member
Even if its different from the way you got purposed to...:laugh:

Replies

• ConnieChick
    ConnieChick Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Fine...I'll be that girl.
    Start with pronouncing proposed correctly.

It's best if you find your purpose before you get into a serious relationship, I find. ;)
  • bigbarnold
    Options
    I think you meant "spelling" not pronouncing, but who am I to point out mistakes! :laugh:
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    The best way to purpose is to purpose with purpose!
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I purpose that we abandon the thread on propose and let him start over
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    take her to central park and propose in a carriage.
  • bigbarnold
    Options
    I purpose that we abandon the thread on propose and let him start over
    THIS PLEASE!!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Just don't "loose" the ring!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I had two ideas for my ex. One was at my mom's wedding and the other was going to be a romantic getaway to Niagra Falls.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    All depends on the woman's personality.. but for me, something original and romantic where he would put thought into it - b/c if it was just just a bend at the knee,.... he won't take the marriage seriously. Anyone can bend at the knee. hahahahha.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Not at all
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    A question
    A ring
    Food

That's about as much thought as I've ever given it.
  • WorkInProgress323
    Options
    I had two ideas for my ex. One was at my mom's wedding and the other was going to be a romantic getaway to Niagra Falls.

It's funny when people mention Niagara Falls, it's only 20min from me :smile:

I say you do it at a nice restaurant, get down on one knee (where everyone can see) and ask her to be your wife.
  • ConnieChick
    ConnieChick Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No, I intended to say pronouncing...seeing as how you are misspelling it. Kind of like when people call it a liberry, instead of a LI- BRARY. You PRO-POSE, not PUR-POSE, it's a common mis-pronunciation.

Do you see what you have done? You've made me "that" girl.

Imma go put my hair up in a bun and find some glasses now. (humph)

All that aside, does she have a particular hobby/activity she is into? Trying to work it into that would make it more meaningful.
  • 721lisa
    721lisa Posts: 3
    Options
    Ideal proposal for me would be for it to be a complete SURPRISE! I want no part in the planning, picking out the ring...etc. It would need to be all him. He chooses when, where and how including picking out the ring on his own. My husband actually planned to do it that way. We had a long distance relationship and he was going to come out for a visit on my birthday, take me out on a date and then propose later on the beach. So romantic and simple!! We ended up getting engaged a few months earlier because we were at the mall and just so happened to go into a jewelry store (which was my idea). We picked out rings and got engaged as soon as the rings were ready. So I knew when it was happening and knew what the ring looked like. No surprise. He later told me his plan to surprise me which would have been so much more romantic. :heart:

How about you??
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I was very disappointed with the way my guy proposed. First, it was WAY too soon. It made me feel trapped. I had just moved half-way across the country to live with him. I mean, literally, just moved. I don't think I had even had a chance to take my coat off yet, after driving for 15+ hours, in a blizzard. For me, that was a huge step. My first thought was, "If I say no or not yet, does that mean I have to move back?" Secondly, it was lame. I hate stuffed animals! The ring was in a box that a stuffed teddy bear was holding. The point here... know your audience. If she hates something, don't incorporate it into the proposal. I'm a sports nut. I would have loved one of those, go to a hockey game and find the proposal question on the big screen type proposals. Third, he just had me get the box with the bear in it from the closet, open it, and looked at me... as if I was just supposed to see the ring and jump into his arms, while shrieking, "YES!" Uh... NO. I was in shock... and not in a good way. It would have been nice if there had been some profession of his love for me... and hearing the actual question... "Will you marry me?" After what seemed like an eternity of just staring at the bear and ring, he finally says, "Well...?" Really, dude?
    Me: "Well, what?"
    Him: "Well...?"
    Me: "Well, what?"
    Him: "Well... will you?"
    Me: "Will I what?" I was getting really annoyed by this point and freaked out because I was NOT ready.
    Him: "Well, will you... marry me?" (Long pause with no reply from me.) "...eventually?"
    Me: "Well... eventually, yes."

Huge mistake.

Oh, and fourth, DO NOT propose on a holiday!

Sorry about all the "what not to do" suggestions, but sometimes knowing what not to do is just as helpful as knowing what TO do. Good luck!
  • Munn0025
    Munn0025 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • AtomicOvary
    AtomicOvary Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    On a hot air balloon as we watch the sun set over the grassy hills.
  • FoxBean
    Options
    Okay..in all seriousness, a hot air balloon ride with some wine, and actually saying something meaningful rather than just blurting "Will you marry me?". I was once proposed to on Christmas, when I knew it was going to happen and he wrote a letter which seemed more like an apology letter. It was sweet, but since I knew it was going to happen and it wasn't the right time...and the whole letter thing, I was pretty disappointed. We are no longer engaged any way sooo.
  • FoxBean
    Options
    On a hot air balloon as we watch the sun set over the grassy hills.

Damn, you beat me to it by a min! haha
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Not at all

+1