Am i the only one that it doesnt work for?!

haileemou
haileemou Posts: 153
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi

Ive been on MFP for 5 weeks, ive excercised my *kitten* off and kept to my calorie intake, and ive lost nothing! Im not even sure if ive lost any inches, is anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• I was! I worked for almost 3 months before I saw any loss in weight or inches. Now I'm losing a pound a week. I was super frustrated and even bailed on the gym for a few days. Don't give up!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Make your diary public... It could very well have something to do with what you're eating, when, or how little/much. Good luck figuring out what works best for you! There are so many people on here willing to provide advice, guidance and support :flowerforyou:
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    I'm having a bit of the same problem. I've lost a bit but seemed to have stalled..
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    I know people will kill me for this - but don't exercise your *kitten* off!
    Just do moderate exercise for starters and watch the calories.

If you do oo much all at once two things happen:
    1. too much change or effort = easy to lose motivation
    2. Your body goes in shock with all the changes and holds onto that weight for dear life.

Also, you want to have something left to improve later on. If you go full gear now, not only it is hard to maintain, it is hard to improve later on.

Good luck.
  • Thanks for the replies, in January im going for desperate measures - low carb high protein....low calories just doesnt do for me!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Perhaps your calories are too low for the activities you're doing? You wanna have a base calorie amount and if you're working out quite a bit and only eating 1200 cals you likely won't lose and will probably get stuck at the weight you're at. Your body needs fuel to survive and to be able to let the weight go you need to fuel your body!

Drop the sodium level, the processed foods (fast foods, pkg'd foods, sweets etc., frozen meals etc.), get in PLENTY of water throughout the day and be sure to keep the cals up high enough so your body doesn't think it won't get enough to eat and hold onto the cals.

There's no magic to MFP, the magic is in learning the habit of tracking your workouts and cals, fueling your body and being faithful to making healthier choices if there's any magic at all. So not really magic, basic common sense:wink::drinker:
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Dr Becca :)
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Thanks for the replies, in January im going for desperate measures - low carb high protein....low calories just doesnt do for me!

SLOW DOWN. Take a deep breath.

Now go make your diary public and let us HELP you. Calories are the most important aspect of your diet. Macronutrient percentages (how many carbs, proteins and fats you eat) are usually not nearly as important as staying in the right range for your calories.

I bet we can make your life much easier and get you on track. There are some very knowledgeable people hanging around here.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Hi

Ive been on MFP for 5 weeks, ive excercised my *kitten* off and kept to my calorie intake, and ive lost nothing! Im not even sure if ive lost any inches, is anyone else in the same boat?

Hard to say anything because I can't see your diary..

Are you sure that you aren't over estimating your exercise calories? I ended up maintaining at one point because of that.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    yep, we need a LOT more information if we are to give any informed advice.

weight, height, activity level (detailed daily activity), any medical conditions you have, your exercise routine (in detail), your food diary would be quite helpful, and what your goal deficit and ratios are set to.

these are a good start. Also if you have it, your Body Fat % would be super helpful.
This discussion has been closed.