So sick of meat!!!

Options
hey guys, i have not been able to make my protein goal and i am just sooo sick of meat..can you tell me other ways i can get it besides eating a million eggs?? thank you!

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    There are lots of ways to get protein besides meat.
    beans
    soy products
    dairy (cheese, yogurt, milk, etc)
    energy bars

Maybe you just need some different recipes to cook your meat, too. I get sick of foods because I make the same things all the time. Maybe you could try some new recipes and eat your meat in different ways?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress whey protein @ Walmart for under $20 for 2 lbs. Two scoops of protein 52 grams.
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Beans, peanuts actually a variety of nuts. You can also get tofu and soy style meats that are high in protein.
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Tofu, edamame (yummmm!), beans, nuts... And yes, a protein shake after a workout!
    Great to hear from you again, my friend! :)
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Lentils! cook them up and throw them in a salad! yum!

Whey protein is wonderful!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! 5.3 ounce container contains around 14 grams of protein. It's so much yummier than regular yogurt too!
  • mariposadedios
    Options
    I often don't get enough protein and am not a big meat person - so I often have a protein shake - I buy a canister of whey protein powder from my gym - but you can find it almost anywhere.

I add 1 scoop (20 G of protein) to about half a cup of milk - the powder is 90 calories and comes in lots of yummy flavors.
  • skinnyack
    Options
    EDAMAME! So yummy, filling, cheap, and easy to make!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I would be sick of eggs as well as they are not that high in protein unless you eat a lot.

I am recently diagnosed as lactose intolerant so have been adding in nuts and beans as much as possible and am still hitting my protein goals per day as I make sure to have some with each meal. Lunch is usually a salad with sliced chicken breast, or shrimp, and I always have 5 oz of a lean protein with dinner. In addition to some almonds or walnuts it is usually enough.
  • vandy29
    vandy29 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    beans, nuts, green leafy veggies....I don't eat animal protien at all except for fish on occations.....it can be done without meat...but it takes planning.....
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    EAS whey protein is what I use after my workouts and I use a half of scoop in my replacement meal for breakfast. It has less fillers than most whey proteins out there. So you get a more accurate amout of protein per serving. Lables on our foods are not 100% accurat unfortunetly but I was at a nutritional meeting and this whey protein was recommended out of many different kinds out there. You have to also remember that our bodies will only process anywhere from 35-41 grams of protein per hour, so if you consume more than that in a small amount of time your wasting your money. It will go through you :) if you know what I mean!!!!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I agree with a bunch of the suggestions made here. Beans of all different kinds (lentils are yummy!), greek yogurt, soy beans (you can get frozen mini packs of edamame in the hull that you can nuke quickly for a snack), whole grains like quinoa/amaranth/etc have protein as well.

Also, Kashi has some great cereals that have lots of protein (like 15g/serving) and fiber. I thought they were yummy.

I'll ditto the "change up your recipes." I know I'll get bored sometimes if I eat the same thing over and over again.
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    soy milk, hummus, beans. etc.
    that what i eat to get my protein since i am vegetarian.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i have a whey protein drink too...
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    It's meat, but not traditional "meat" "meat" tuna is high in protein.

I like it on ritz with lemon juice.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I get mine from protein powder, Shakeology, Greek yogurt, low fat cheeses (not fat free, cause that adds sugar), almond milk, or some combination. I know you get tired of eggs, but if you have just the whites mixed with shredded chicken pieces and cheese, it changes it up some and you get tons of protein from all ingredients. Protein powder or Shakeology mixed with almond milk is 2 ingredients with high protein in each. Some protein bars could be good if you look for the ones that are low in sugar. Most are low in fat as it is, but you gotta watch the sugar in the bars. Or as the poster above stated with tuna, I like to mix it with low fat cheddar and heat in a skillet...very fast, yummy, and lots of protein in both ingredients. :flowerforyou:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much meat. Tofu stir fry, bean chili, Gluten/tofu/bean burger.
    I like to eat nuts but I can't stop myself at one serving so I tried to avoid it unless it's in a recipe then I just buy enough for that recipe and that's it.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I still manage to go over my goals. It's all about what you eat. Check out vegetarian sites for some great recipes.
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress whey protein @ Walmart for under $20 for 2 lbs. Two scoops of protein 52 grams.
    I drink a super tasty strawberry, chocolate or vanilla deliciousness of protein every day with skim milk. Really good!
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    red beans and rice! what more can I say