My Before and After

Options
micbin
micbin Posts: 20 Member
Well, I can confirm I am an expert on dieting, as I've tried millions of them!!! :wink:

At my heaviest I was 188lbs. On 2nd November 2009, I decided enough was enough. Not sure how significant that date is, but that's when it started. My final weight loss mission.

I had my 40th birthday looming on 2nd July 2010, and knew I HAD to do something. I wasn't happy and was losing all my confidence. I've tried to analyse where I was going wrong, but I honestly believe there's nothing deep routed or subconscious about my old eating patterns - I just loved food. Not just chocolate, not when I was down or unhappy, I just like to eat, and loved the taste of crisps, veg, carbs, sweets, everything.

But you know yourself when something can't continue. And I knew.....

I started with following a slimming club plan, but not going to class. To be fair, I was motivated enough in myself to do it, and didn't see the point of paying money every week when I knew if I stood on my own scales, they would show me the same result, and that would be reward enough. I wanted to lose a mammoth 4 stone (or 56 lbs), and I wanted to have lost 3 stone (or 42 lbs) by my birthday.

A couple of months on, my husband found this site and suggested it to me. It all fell into place.

My strategy was simple:

1) Weigh myself EVERY morning as soon as I got up, went to the loo, and had taken all my clothes off (that way, the sneaky chocolate bar I had the night before had no place to hide, not having to wait another week for a weigh in). That way the reading has remained consistent.

2) I logged every single thing I put in my mouth on MFP and tried my level best to keep within my calorie allowance.

3) I took a note of my weight each morning in an excel spreadsheet and planned graphs around the readings. Seeing those graphs move downwards was great motivation for me.

4) I joined the gym, going to 4 or 5 spin & step classes per week, and logged those burned calories (which I measured on my Polar Heart Rate Monitor) on MFP too.

That's it. No Rocket Science. No Quick Fix. Just one hell of a slog. I had bad days, course I did, but I tried so hard to counteract those with additional exercise, or reduced calorie intake until I’d recovered the deficit. Or if it was just too bad, I’d write the day off, and start afresh the next day.

Can I tell you all something? I'm happy, and confident, and feel so much better about myself that I ever imagined I would. I can fit into nice clothes. I can look at photos of myself, and think "Hey, that's a good one!" Previously, I looked at photos and thought I looked bad because I wasn't photogenic, not because I was fat!

So that's it. My story, and the photos below to prove it. To anyone who read this, thanks so much for your time. For anyone who now feels inspired, I'm humbled. To anyone who wants a buddy, drop me a friend request, I'll be happy to help steer you on your journey.

Good Luck to everyone who's on this same mission!

188lbs.jpg

130lbs.jpg

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHY THESE IMAGES AREN'T DISPLAYING, PLEEEEEASE LET ME KNOW!! ;-)

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    strange. I can quote your post and go to Photobucket via your links and see the photos but the pics themselves won't display. I can find no answer for why photobucket shows it as missing, when I can clearly see it.
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well done on what you have acheived, sorry can't see the pictures
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Is your album password protected or something?

I've seen the pictures now, you look so AWESOME! Talk about transformation! You should be so proud of yourself, that is one huge accomplicement! Keep it up and enjoy :flowerforyou:
  • 1findlay
    1findlay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done Michelle, you look fantastic x
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well, I can confirm I am an expert on dieting, as I've tried millions of them!!! :wink:

At my heaviest I was 188lbs. On 2nd November 2009, I decided enough was enough. Not sure how significant that date is, but that's when it started. My final weight loss mission.

I had my 40th birthday looming on 2nd July 2010, and knew I HAD to do something. I wasn't happy and was losing all my confidence. I've tried to analyse where I was going wrong, but I honestly believe there's nothing deep routed or subconscious about my old eating patterns - I just loved food. Not just chocolate, not when I was down or unhappy, I just like to eat, and loved the taste of crisps, veg, carbs, sweets, everything.

But you know yourself when something can't continue. And I knew.....

I started with following a slimming club plan, but not going to class. To be fair, I was motivated enough in myself to do it, and didn't see the point of paying money every week when I knew if I stood on my own scales, they would show me the same result, and that would be reward enough. I wanted to lose a mammoth 4 stone (or 56 lbs), and I wanted to have lost 3 stone (or 42 lbs) by my birthday.

A couple of months on, my husband found this site and suggested it to me. It all fell into place.

My strategy was simple:

1) Weigh myself EVERY morning as soon as I got up, went to the loo, and had taken all my clothes off (that way, the sneaky chocolate bar I had the night before had no place to hide, not having to wait another week for a weigh in). That way the reading has remained consistent.

2) I logged every single thing I put in my mouth on MFP and tried my level best to keep within my calorie allowance.

3) I took a note of my weight each morning in an excel spreadsheet and planned graphs around the readings. Seeing those graphs move downwards was great motivation for me.

4) I joined the gym, going to 4 or 5 spin & step classes per week, and logged those burned calories (which I measured on my Polar Heart Rate Monitor) on MFP too.

That's it. No Rocket Science. No Quick Fix. Just one hell of a slog. I had bad days, course I did, but I tried so hard to counteract those with additional exercise, or reduced calorie intake until I’d recovered the deficit. Or if it was just too bad, I’d write the day off, and start afresh the next day.

Can I tell you all something? I'm happy, and confident, and feel so much better about myself that I ever imagined I would. I can fit into nice clothes. I can look at photos of myself, and think "Hey, that's a good one!" Previously, I looked at photos and thought I looked bad because I wasn't photogenic, not because I was fat!

So that's it. My story, and the photos below to prove it. To anyone who read this, thanks so much for your time. For anyone who now feels inspired, I'm humbled. To anyone who wants a buddy, drop me a friend request, I'll be happy to help steer you on your journey.

Good Luck to everyone who's on this same mission!

188lbs.jpg

130lbs.jpg

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHY THESE IMAGES AREN'T DISPLAYING, PLEEEEEASE LET ME KNOW!! ;-)

I cant see you pics but I am sure you look amazing...Keep up the great work girl..."DEDICATION IS THE KEY"
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    check to make sure the name of the folder your pics are in on photobucket does not have a space in it...i had that problem before....also make sure you change the IMG to lower case img at the start and end of the link...
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    check to make sure the name of the folder your pics are in on photobucket does not have a space in it..

Yup, that's exactly the problem. The URLs are being changed -- they have %20 (space) in the folder name, and it is changed to %2520 -- which won't resolve. Just copying the correct URLs WITHOUT img tag below - it may be enough for you to grab/copy/paste them:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb457/Michelle_Binnie/Phat Photos/188lbs.jpg

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb457/Michelle_Binnie/Phat Photos/130lbs.jpg
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yes the %20 is the character expression for a space in HTML, you need to create a new folder without the space (hint, I use underscores if I need to space something). When posting photos inline here, always make sure the source url in the img tag has no spaces in it.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You don't even look like the same person! Well done.
  • micbin
    Options
    188lbs.jpg

130lbs.jpg
  • micbin
    Options
    Ha! Got it to work! However the BIG photo's a little too big! LOL! :-) Thx for all the positive comments guys (and sis in law) - much appreciated.!

:flowerforyou:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look fabulous!!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous....
    it is amazing how losing weight transforms us into completely different people at the end of our journey...
    you look like a whole new person...
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic!!!!
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    you are simply STUNNING!!!!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    wow those pictures are absolute stunning! Great job! Is that even the same person? You look great.

I appreciate the tips you have given us. I will definitely continue weighing every day then.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I finally got to see your pics. You look "AMAZING" I can tell all your hard work has definately paid off...
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think the ONLY thing left over is your nose!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    That incredible smile shines through in both pictures!!

smiley-hug001.gif I’M SO HAPPY FOR YAH
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look wonderful. You must feel wonderful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!