I hate myself...

Options
2»

Replies

• melissa_dahmer
    melissa_dahmer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys, for talking to me through this post. This being the internet and all, you could have torn me a new one for any number of reasons. Anyway, I do appreciate it. If anyone wants to add me, that'd be cool. I've been on this site on and off forever, but never really been myself in a social sense. It'd be nice to change that this time around.

-Mel
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    while I've never struggled with bulimia I know how it feels to struggle with food and loving the person you see in the mirror. Some days are great and I feel good and other days there isn't one thing I could say I like about myself. I know for me there's a rather dark place I go to from time to time where all I can focus on are the negative things about myself, and on those days it seems like everything is negative. Usually a good run and some one on one time with my guitar helps that but some days I really have to focus on all the progress I've made and how great I could be if I could just stop being so hard on myself and standing in my own way. It's easy to get sucked into the hateful feelings and eventually start to accept it as something that you'll always feel, but you can get better and feel good about yourself again. learn to love the parts of you no one else can see and then the outside will fall into place. Hope you can find a way to start to heal. :flowerforyou: you're not alone!