Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has used this pill before. Lately I have been hearing all this hype about the new weight loss pill. I usually don't feed into these things but this one has blown up since it has been on Dr. Oz. I just want to know if anyone used it and if it really works. I don't want to waste my money and listen to most of these paid actors.

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Complete waste of money.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If it has been on Dr Oz then that's your hint to avoid it. Pure scam. That dude will sell anything to make a buck. He's got a new magic pill every week.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz = Satan.
  • julieager75
    julieager75 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz = Satan.

This

I used to watch Dr. Oz for a very limited time. Then I noticed that almost every day he had a "new magic" pill that everyone must take. Quickly realized that man doesn't know anything and is just a salesperson.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Dude, just no
  • itsmedosia
    Options
    It's not new. It's been around for a long time. And it's a waste of money. Also gave my friend horrible stomach pains.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Again, If Dr. Oz recommended breathing, I'd strongly reconsider my position on the issue.

Rigger
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a type of plant...you know those in latin...
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    Been used in almost every weight loss product out there as the active appetite suppressant. I have never used it by itself, I did however use it when I was younger in Hydroxycut back when they had ephedra in it. Thought it made me less hungry but who knows it could have been multiple things, I was using it for the kick from caffeine and ephedra.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has used this pill before. Lately I have been hearing all this hype about the new weight loss pill. I usually don't feed into these things but this one has blown up since it has been on Dr. Oz. I just want to know if anyone used it and if it really works. I don't want to waste my money and listen to most of these paid actors.

Please continue to follow you instincts and save your money. The only way to properly and safely lose weight is to create a decent calorie deficiency. This means you have to determine your BMR and TDEE:

What is BMR?
    Your basal metabolic rate, or BMR, is the minimum calorific requirement needed to sustain life in a resting individual. It can be looked at as being the amount of energy (measured in calories) expended by the body to remain in bed all day.

What is TDEE?
    TDEE is the common abbreviation for Total Daily Energy Expenditure which is a metric to calculate the amount of calories your body needs to function in a day. This is quite similar to BMR but your TDEE accounts for your average daily activity as well to give a figure truer to your specific situation. Basically, the TDEE calculation relies on categorizing your daily activity into one of the metrics' groupings:

Sedentary - desk job and little to no exercise
    Lightly Active - light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk
    Moderately Active - moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk
    Very Active - hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk
    Extremely Active - hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or training

Once you determine your TDEE calories, you simply subtract anywhere from 10%-25%, where 25% is the extreme, and the results will be your daily amount of calories you should eat. Maximize your daily calorie amount by eating a variety of foods. Exercise and water will enhance your weight loss efforts.

TDEE adds exercise calories before you exercise and MFP add the calories afterwards.

Now, kindly send me your check! LOL!
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I ordered it from Amazon because it had such great reviews. The reviewers must have been on crack. It doesn't do anything. I sent it back. Nice thing about Amazon that you can do that!

What's with people who think Dr. Oz really knows what he's talking about?
  • jenni_d1990
    jenni_d1990 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've taken them and at first thought they helped me not be hungry, but then I figured it might be placebo because they soon didn't work. I've also taken Green Coffee Bean Extract and really like those, always lost at least a couple pounds whenever I would start to take them.
  • jenni_d1990
    jenni_d1990 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't like to constantly take anything for weight loss though, I like to take long breaks from those kinds of things and see if my own health is still working lol.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed those gimmicks always suggest that you eat right and exercise? Well duh! Really Sherlock?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz = Satan.

How dare you!!!!!!