T25 HIIT Workout

Options
Hey been on mfp and working out for about a month now lost a good amount of weight and want to keep it going. A friend of mine has a HIIT program called T25 same person who made Insanity. Was wondering if anyone has tried either T25 or just basic HIIT and what have your results been with it? only reason I ask is because the workouts are a lot shorter but I still want to keep my weight loss going.

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    T25 is not a HIIT program. It's mostly increased intensity with short periods of lower intensity, but there are no breaks in the 25 mins for your heart rate to really come down. Traditional HIIT has a brief high intensity session and down time in which you pretty much do nothing but walk around and let your heart rate come down.

T25 is not a bad program, and if you keep your diet in check while doing it you will continue to lose weight. It is very hard on the legs, particularly the calves, and it has lots of dance-type moves and plyometrics. The first phase is basically all cardio and some body weight exercises, and second phase incorporates some weights, but you won't be lifting heavy. If you're not into that sort of thing, you might be better off just doing a traditional HIIT program with various exercises.

There are several other 30 min workout programs out there besides T25, and fitnessblender.com has free workouts as well.
  • graham713
    graham713 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been doing T25 for 4 weeks and have lost 18 pounds. I enjoy it. Its intense but doable.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    :
    I've been doing T25 for 4 weeks and have lost 18 pounds. I enjoy it. Its intense but doable.
    That's an awesome result!
    I'm finishing my 3 week of T25- without any weight loss. in fact i gained 4 lbs! :sad: :sad:
  • crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

4+ pounds per week seems like a lot. Do you do anything else?
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options

There are several other 30 min workout programs out there besides T25, and fitnessblender.com has free workouts as well.

I personally love Fitness Blender's workout videos. They have a little something for everyone, and they're all good for a nice burn. My only issue (and probably the reason I tend to lean toward programs like T25 or P90x) is when it comes to actually having to compile a set of workouts into a routine, I'm lost. I know what *sounds* good, but I have no idea how much of what (and when) type of workouts I should be doing... So I usually wind of overworking my cardio and not getting enough strength training, or vise versa, etc.

If anyone has advice on this, that'd be greatly appreciated! :)