Eating 1800-2000 per day

Options
I didn't log today but im guessing i ate around 1800-2000 today & im wondering if i'm going to gain weight from that?? ive been eating less than 1000 every day & my weekly average is about 760 (does the weekly average even mean anything??)
ps i have an eating disorder, i know its unhealthy, im trying to get better, i just cant deal with weight gain mentally right now

Replies

• j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Eating less than 1000 calories a day? and you're a male?!!? 1200 is the minimum for sedentary female, and most females don't even have to go that low. Calculate your tdee and eat under that amount and you will lose weight.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Go get professional help. You've admitted you have an ED, now you need to address that.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    youre probably gaining weight at less than 1000 cals per day. 1800-2000 is good to maintain your weight. honeyyyyyyyychild get some help before you have a ton of damage to undo in your later years (your body WILLLL retaliate and you wILL GAIN WEIGHt!!) eat better. c'mon, try for at least 1200 a day to see how much better you feel.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Get help. There is no better time than NOW!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    At your age, you're still growing. You need to eat a decent amount of calories so you're gaining the necessary nutrients to get through the day. If you're struggling with the mentality of gaining weight and you think it's becoming an obsession, please see a professional who can help you. You want to be healthy, don't forget, and that means giving your body what it needs to get from day to day. Eating under 1200 calories a day is dangerous over a long period of time.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I eat that much and I'm losing. And I'm a lady.

Imma leave this here: www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support‎
    From the link "Call our toll free, confidential Helpline at 1-800-931-2237 We are here every Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST). Our helpline volunteers will be there to offer support and guidance with compassion and understanding."
  • sorensrecovery
    Options
    thank you guys uwu
    i have a dietitian & therapists coming out of my ears & im trying to gain weight, im at a very low weight (65lbs, but im only 5'0), im just in a very tough situation, my best friend who was doing weight restoration with me died about a month ago from her ed & eating is very hard right now.
  • GreenEmbers
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss, keep your head up and glad to hear you're getting help.