1_zps4e8588f4.jpg

Step 1: Ingredients
    2_zps8b35fa2b.jpg
    one large avocado
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1/4 cup soy or nut milk
    1/4 cup honey
    one teaspoon vanilla

Using the amounts above, you end up with a dark chocolate style mousse. Not too sweet! If you'd like a more milk chocolate flavor, I suggest using a little less cocoa powder and more honey.

Step 2: Combine!
    3_zps3438dac9.jpg
    Put everything into a food processor or blender. Break the avocado up into smaller pieces to make it easier on your machine.

Step 3: Blend!
    4_zpsbfcf213f.jpg
    Process for 10-15 seconds and then stop and scrape down the sides. Then process again until nice and smooth.

You can eat it right away or chill for a little whil before you dig in. I just wouldn't let it sit too long in the fridge - once the avocado starts oxidizing like crazy it will alter the flavor, and not in a good way!

This recipe is Vegan friendly FYI
  • cdalrym
    cdalrym Posts: 3
    Options
    Brushed with olive oil and grilled, then put on top of a big salad with bacon and grilled chicken! Also, they are awesome to add to smoothies, if you do smoothies. Try 1/4 avocado, half a banana, almond milk and a few ice cubes. You can add whatever supplement powders you want to this (I add a tsp. of chlorella powder). Super good. Also they make killer salad dressings when blended up with vinegar and fresh herbs.
  • MrsHyland
    MrsHyland Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I make guacamole chicken salad, super yummy! I don't like mayo so it's the perfect alternative. Plus it's a lot of healthy fat. Avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, lemon or lime juice and diced/shredded chicken. I eat it with a couple of corn tortillas and it is the perfect lunch.
  • Florence1221
    Options
    Guacamole - mash the avocado with salt and lime juice, add ground cumin, diced onion, chili powder, garlic powder, etc....

Or just dice it and put it on any salad or any dish with cumin in it. :)
  • Florence1221
    Options
    Love avocado on a salad. Have it nearly every work day for lunch. Never thought to add cumin and I love that too. Will definitely try that.

Also, there is an avocado egg salad recipe. It is great on a wrap. Will try to find it and post it here.

Have a great day everyone.!
  • Florence1221
    Options
    Can substitute plain Greek yogurt for all or part of mayonnaise.

Avocado Egg Salad Recipe

Save Print
    Prep time
    5 minutes
    Cook time
    15 minutes
    Total time
    20 minutes

This egg salad combines two of our favorite things: eggs and avocado. In addition to the avocado, we add a little mayonnaise for moisture, celery for crunch, fresh herbs and a small amount of lemon juice to brighten things up.

What You Need to Know: To make hard-cooked (hard-boiled) eggs, in a saucepan, cover eggs with 1 inch (2 1/2 cm) of cold water, bring to a boil then immediately remove from heat and cover with lid. Let eggs stand, covered in the hot water for 12 minutes. Then plunge eggs into ice cold water to stop the cooking. A full tutorial with photographs can be found here: How to Cook Hard Boiled Eggs.

Special Equipment: Saucepan, knife, bowl and measuring spoons.
    Created By: Joanne and Adam Gallagher, www.inspiredtaste.net
    Yield: 2 (1/2 cup) servings
    You Will Need
    1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
    2 tablespoons (30 ml) mayonnaise, or Greek yogurt
    1 1/2 teaspoons (7 ml) lemon juice
    4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
    1 medium-length celery stalk, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
    1 tablespoon (15 g) finely chopped chives, parsley or dill
    Salt and black pepper, to taste
    Directions
    Mash avocado, mayonnaise and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Stir in the eggs, celery and chives. Season with salt and pepper.Avocado-Egg-Salad-Recipe-Step-1

Read more: http://www.inspiredtaste.net/23087/easy-avocado-egg-salad-recipe/#ixzz2xraXUQ1Y
  • Florence1221
    Options
    This recipe give the nutrition information:

Avocado Egg Salad
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup • Old Points: 3 pt • Points+: 4 pt (w/ light Flatout 7 pts)
    Calories: 154.7 • Fat: 11.7 g • Protein: 9.3 g • Carb: 4.6 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 0.5 g
    Sodium: 132 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
    4 hard boiled egg whites, chopped (discard the rest)
    1 medium hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    1 tbsp light mayonnaise
    1 tbsp fat free plain yogurt
    1/2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
    2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
    1/2 tsp Kosher salt
    pinch freshly ground pepper

Directions:

Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, yogurt, chives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork. Combine with egg whites and adjust salt as needed.
    Print Friendly and PDF Pin it
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
  • michelleamhill
    michelleamhill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This may sound like a crazy combination but I mash an avocado with a can of drained tuna. Add a little pepper and cayenne or salt to taste. Eat it with pita chips or on light bread. It is yummy, high in protein and very filling.

Sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.
  • michelleamhill
    michelleamhill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Avocado and sweet potato are a weirdly awesome pair. I like to boil a sweet potato in chicken stock. Drain (leaving a little liquid) and mash. Stir in a little bit of chili powder and cumin to taste. Serve with some drained and rinsed black beans and some sliced avocado.

You can use vegetable stock or well salted water if you wanted to make it vegan. Or you can bake the sweet potato and just top it with beans and guacamole and sprinkle a little bit of spice on. Super tasty and really filling.

That sounds really good. Do you know how many calories?
  • conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    1_zps4e8588f4.jpg

2_zps8b35fa2b.jpg
    one large avocado
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1/4 cup soy or nut milk
    1/4 cup honey
    one teaspoon vanilla

Using the amounts above, you end up with a dark chocolate style mousse. Not too sweet! If you'd like a more milk chocolate flavor, I suggest using a little less cocoa powder and more honey.

3_zps3438dac9.jpg
    Put everything into a food processor or blender. Break the avocado up into smaller pieces to make it easier on your machine.

4_zpsbfcf213f.jpg
    Process for 10-15 seconds and then stop and scrape down the sides. Then process again until nice and smooth.

You can eat it right away or chill for a little whil before you dig in. I just wouldn't let it sit too long in the fridge - once the avocado starts oxidizing like crazy it will alter the flavor, and not in a good way!

OMG THIS LOOKS HEAVENLY! I purchased a new food processor today and will definitely try it!! I also love the fact that its vegan, thanks a lot! :D
  • conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I recently started liking Avocado ... I spread some Avocado on a toasted toast and drizzled some honey! Very yummy! Try it out :)
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This may sound like a crazy combination but I mash an avocado with a can of drained tuna. Add a little pepper and cayenne or salt to taste. Eat it with pita chips or on light bread. It is yummy, high in protein and very filling.

Sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

I do something similar!

I mix 1/2 an avocado with a small can of tuna and 1/4 cup of salsa. It's delicious on its own or as a spread on bread or rye crispbread.
  • cita1950
    cita1950 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have a page in Pintrest dedicated to Avocado...have a look let me know if it gives you some ideas! Enjoy!

http://www.pinterest.com/cita1950/avacado/
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I substitute mayo for it. So I'll make chicken salad or tuna salad sandwiches with avocado and mustard and a little ms dash.
  • Lestrange__
    Lestrange__ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My favourite is mashed avocado put on toast, with some chilli flakes and pepper. Then add a cooked egg and some baby spinach. Best breakfast ever.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The chocolate avocado mousse sounds yummy! I don't have anything new, just eat it plain or with salt,put on sandwiches, eat with chips, use on Mexican food and add in salads my fav is romaine with avocado, celery, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, carrots, sunflower seeds, low fat ranch and 3 Doritos chips crushed in it. It is SOO good
  • elizard1981
    Options
    Me too, I mix avocado with some canned tuna! So delicious!! I make a sandwich sometimes with whole grain flat bread.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    1_zps4e8588f4.jpg

2_zps8b35fa2b.jpg
    one large avocado
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1/4 cup soy or nut milk
    1/4 cup honey
    one teaspoon vanilla

3_zps3438dac9.jpg

4_zpsbfcf213f.jpg

I just tried this today (with 2% milk, because I don't keep nut milks on hand). This is VERY yummy! I think I'm going to have to suprise my b/f who has SUCH a sweet tooth with this!

Thanks!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Also, Ina Garten has a neat recipe for avocado and grapefruit salad (with a peppery vinaigrette dressing). It is actually good!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/avocado-and-grapefruit-salad-recipe.html